Skip to content

BG:EE App Store Question

Hi all,

When I look on the OS X App Store, it says the version for BG:EE is 1.2.0.2029. When I download it, in both Finder and in-game, it says I'm on 1.2.0, and the App Store will let me download an update, but will stick at 1.2.0.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments

• LeoNegusLeoNegus Member Posts: 46
    The latest build of the game is v. 1.2.0. I don't know why in the OS X App Store the version number is different, but if your game says it's v. 1.2.0 then I think you are up to date.
  • KalEl814KalEl814 Member Posts: 5
    Are you sure? BGII:EE is 1.2.0, but the US App Store definitely has 1.2.0.2029 listed for BG:EE.
    Are you talking about BG:EE or BGII:EE? The latest version for BG:EE is v.1.2.0 and for BGII:EE is v.1.2.2030. You can check the release announcements in the News section of the forum.
    When I check in Finder, the .app files don't reflect those numbers. I have both games patched and the number for BG:EE is v.1.0.1 and the one for BGII:EE is v.1.2.0, so this can be confusing. Better trust the in-game screen to check your version number.
    Yeah, I was talking about BG:EE.

Took a screenshot. Shows that the App Store says BGEE has an update available, that it's 1.2.0.2029. Also that the version I have is 1.2.0 flat. If I hit update on the App Store, it'll download the file, but stay at 1.2.0.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Kal-El814/BGEEversions_zps1fbb3a98.jpg
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    I think the App Store lists build numbers, while the Get Info panel shows major version numbers.
    Anyway, refer to the in-game version number to be sure you've got the latest one :)
    In-game also says v1.2.0 flat. :)
  • gnulinuxrulesgnulinuxrules Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2013
    Hello KalEl814, have you found any solution to that problem?

I hope someone can help me.

I bought BG2:EE for MacOsX last weekend from the App Store and I can't play multiplayer games. When I try to enter in my friend games the app says that I have an old version (v.1.2.0000) and I should update to the last one (v.1.2.2030) but any update is available in itunes.

Thanks.
    Post edited by gnulinuxrules on
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @gnulinuxrules - Due to Apple's review process, the Mac App Store versions of BG:EE and BG2:EE are usually delayed in getting releases/patches compared to those who have the Beamdog versions.
  • JasonZeppelinJasonZeppelin Member Posts: 1
    @LeoNegus I just updated my BG:EE from the AppStore. The AppStore still tells me to update for some reason but when I go into BG:EE in windowed mode and click menu bar at the top (mac UI not game UI) and click on "About Baldur's Gate..." it lists 1.2.0 (2029).
    I don't think I can help with this. I bought the game directly from Beamdog, so I don't have this problem. My guess is that this could be caused by the fact that the game is listed as v.1.2.0.2029 in the AppStore, while in-game it says 1.2.0. Maybe this is why AppStore tries to update the game over and over.

There's something else about the Mac AppStore. The patch notes for v.1.2.0.2029 are almost the same with the ones from the latest beta update.

Maybe @Dee can take a look at this?