Skip to content

Dragonlance Mod.

lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
Just googled some stuff , and just wondering if any have tried these out and what it is.
I havent tried myself.
And/or is there any mods out there with Dragonlance stuff.

http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?board=53.0

http://www.gibberlings3.net/tools/dltcep.php

Comments

• YovanethYovaneth Member Posts: 691
    Dragonlance was never finished - there are no other DL mods.
    DLTCEP is THE tool for modding the Infinity Engine.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Ok..then i gonna jump off the bridge now bye :(:(:(:(
  • murmandamusmurmandamus Member Posts: 45
    There was a demo of this mod you could play and it was quit nice. Shame the proect is dead.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    It was the mod dltcep was written for. The demo is still playable (maybe even bgee compatible) just a bit short (one chapter of game content).
    edited November 2013

It was the mod dltcep was written for. The demo is still playable (maybe even bgee compatible) just a bit short (one chapter of game content).

Ohhh any chance of making it work:p
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited November 2013
    Any chance to revive this mod? You know, Dragonlance is a pretty cool setting:)
    Post edited by Cahir on
    Dragonlance rules.
    We need something...
    edited November 2013
    Just bumping this thread. I know you guys work constantly on different mods etc etc.
    But i have a christmas wish . I wish the only mod of dragonlance, will work with BG EE / BG EE II
    Any chance of making that possible ?
    And why was it ending up in only one chapter @Avenger_teambg. after a little websearch i could see you are one of them making it. :O)
    edited November 2013
    We created 4-5 commercial level areas, had an own music, voice overs, etc, it took all of our time.
    Eventually the project leader moved on (i think he went to Uni), and no one felt like taking the project over.
    We had some additional rendered areas enough for another chapter. We ran into several engine limitations too (BGEE fixed a lot of those!)

I don't think Overhaul will be able to revive the mod - the original authors are pretty much scattered.
    But any modder can probably do that, i don't know why no one tried in the last 10 years.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Avenger_teambg That's a real shame:( I really liked DL books when I was youngling. I'd like to be in the center of Istar's fall myself:)
    Well, maybe someday, since lots of engine limitations were fixed, you'll be able to assemble a team and get back to this. It would be a marvelous day:)
    Lets hope someone in here have the ability/time to try make this demo work.

@Cahir, me too.
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    Dragon Lance Eh?
    Yes sir ;)
    Yes sir ;)
    edited May 2015
    Should I try it out or does its initial concept suck monkey bananas? *Spare time is going towards 'Modding'/Adding Excellent Content for Baldur's Gate: Path of the Lost Odyssey:-S*
    I think you should try iet out... A lot of work is put in this, and it would be a shame to throw it away !!!
    edited May 2015
    @lordkim I guess I could try it out but what are the 'finicky bits' to worry about? (most every 'mod' has them ranging from compatibility with out mods, bugs and general 'goofiness')
    donno.. perhabs @Avenger_teambg could answer your questions. But i know several people would enjoy this mod !! :P
    the dragonlance mod is incompatible with most other mods, because it is not a mod, but a "total conversion". That means, a totally new game. It is painfully short, it was planned like a complete game, but its length is about a chapter long. It's still a funny game, and it contains a lot of tricky technical stuff that was considered "impossible" or "insanely difficult" to do with the vanilla ToB engine back in those times.
    edited May 2015
    Random Unrelated Question: Hey does anyone know how to obtain and retain ownership of files from another computer in windows 8.1? I am having one heck of a time with it for the damn thing keeps putting the 'read only' attribute onto all of my old files :( .
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Properties/Security/Group or User Names add you as the administrator with full control.
    I will try that out @CoM_Solaufein
    any news ? @WithinAmnesia
    edited August 2015
    @lordkim *Living Situation Unstable Once More*
    In this thread, no news are bad news :(:(
    lordkim said:

In this thread, no news are bad news :(:(

Ah I am heading an Original Baldur's Gate group (S.C.U.M.A.) and if all goes well.. MAYBE this project could get some work, but not right now as things look ¯\_(ツ)_/¯?
    Just found, a site who have dragonlance Mod for nwn1.

http://dlcr.forumotion.net/

cool ;)