Skip to content

Strange Error Message - .\sql_compiler.c[566] [815]

SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
edited November 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
I just got this strange error message popping up after I handed in the quest to Duke Eltan at the end of Chapter 5 before going to Candlekeep. Not sure what it is. Something to do with the journal?

.\sql_compiler.c[566]:[Overflow] Can't add Table: Number of tables [256] greater than or equal to the maximum number [256]

.sql\_compiler.c[815]:[Not Exists] Table 'CHAPTXT6' does not exist.

This error message kept popping up every time I try to save /load the game or click on the Journal. However restarting Baldur's Gate, stops the the error messages appearing. Not sure what to make of it.

Post edited by Severon on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Severon,

Windows or Mac?

Also, can you upload a save game?
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    Windows. I have this feeling its something to do with a maximum number of entries in the journal and I've exceeded it (because I like to get as many journal entries as possible)
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Severon,

I cannot reproduce this with your save game as of the latest version of BG:EE. I just talked to Eltan and got placed just outside Candlekeep. I've tried saving and looking at the journal, no error message.

Was the save game you attached before or after you got the error message?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited November 2013
    Severon said:

Windows. I have this feeling its something to do with a maximum number of entries in the journal and I've exceeded it (because I like to get as many journal entries as possible)

The size of the journal is not restricted to 256. This is the number of 2da files.
    Do you have any mods installed?

The game caches all 2da's, that's why restarting it would make it go.
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    The only thing I have is three 2da files in the override to change the XP cap. Other than that, no mods