Skip to content

Wilson *SPOILER*

Have any of you freed Wilson and let him join you ? Have you read his kit description ? He is like a monk. But it ts a BEAR. A GRIZZLY BEAR. God I love this NPC.

I am so gonna try to finish the game with him instead of taking him back the the wild mages.

For those who didn't read it,

He can enrage like Minsc (without the immunities though)
lvl 7 his weapons become +1 and he becomes specialized in them
lvl 8 he regenerates 2hp/turns and gains +1 str
lvl 13 weapons +2, masteries, 3.5 atk/rounds
lvl 16 regeneration 3hp/turns and +1 str
lvl 19 weapons +3, high mastery, 4 atk/rounds
lvl 24regeneration 4hp/turns and +1 str
lvl 25 weapons +4, grand mastery, 4.5 atk/rounds
lvl 31 weapons +5, 5 atk/rounds
lvl 32 regeneration 5hp/turns and +1 str
lvl 40 regeneration 6hp/turns and +1 str

That and he can do bear hugs. Because he is a BEAR. Heck I love this NPC.

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I plan to take Wilson when I do my Kensai/Druid playthrough. There wasn't really any room for him on my Evil party :'(
  • JaeldynJaeldyn Member Posts: 49
    edited November 2013
    I'm having so much fun right now having a civilized bear drinking potions and shredding dragons with his claws lol he has such a crazy amount of hp
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    Where do you pick him up?
    It's a combination of Neera's and Rasaad's quest. Try looking around the temple :)
  • DarkSpiralDarkSpiral Member Posts: 24
    Does anyone know if Wilson carries over into ToB?
    I have yet to reach it in this playthrough but i hope he has some quest and something to say before the final fight like the other NPCs. Unfortunately, no special banters with thé circus lol
  • NachtiNachti Member Posts: 89
    does his AC increase too? hp/turn. you mean turn not round, right?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited November 2013

Does anyone know if Wilson carries over into ToB?

I have the option to summon him from the Spirit of Fate, so yes he does. :)

He's described as something like 'Wilson, the bear paragon.'
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    Nice nod to Okku! :)
  • TaevikTaevik Member Posts: 38
    marceror said:

Nice nod to Okku! :)

I always went with One of Many instead. Hehe.

edited November 2013
    Indeed I imported my save with him to ToB and he was here :)
    @Nachti his AC goes up to -2 AC though in ToB most enemies hit you no matter your AC so it shouldn't be that much of a problem. And yes, it is turns, not round (so 1hp/round at max lvl)
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Jaeldyn said:

I am so gonna try to finish the game with him instead of taking him back the the wild mages.

Bringing him to refuge is fine, you can keep him afterwards.

If it turns out I wrote that line and didn't call him the Bearagon I will be SO angry with myself...

Nope, that was my addition.

• NachtiNachti Member Posts: 89
    lol ajwz.
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    you can bring him back to the wild mages and still keep wilson. I took him in my party to zaviak he gave me those funky potions he brewed and wilson was still in my party. left him chilling by the bar in the copper coronet later though
  • maximaxi Member Posts: 86
    where I can find him? I am playing with a vanilla ranger and I would love to have him as animal companion! I finished already the hidden refuge camp quest, can I still make him join my party?
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    did you talk to zaviak the stoner guy at the top of the camp? he tells you about his bear wilson and you will get a quest to find him. if you have that quest you can find wilson at the last Rasaad quest of SoA outside the temple. make sure you talk to the bear first before talking to the handler
  • maximaxi Member Posts: 86
    yes I talk to him and I remember receiving the quest, but after what happened in the camp all quests disappear from journal, even from the solved quests section. I couldn't complete any of the quests of the camp because I went straight to the bridge district to meet the blue elf, and then you know what happens...
    I hope I can still find wilson! :)
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    edited November 2013
    If you can't find him, or more likely somehow missed him joining in, ise the console to bring him (wilson12) and CTRL+Q on him to join your party.
    From then onward he acts like a full-time family member alongside a fruitful dialogue. :)
  • notbatmannotbatman Member Posts: 11
    Can someone post some screenshots of him in action?
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    Ryofu said:

did you talk to zaviak the stoner guy at the top of the camp? he tells you about his bear wilson and you will get a quest to find him. if you have that quest you can find wilson at the last Rasaad quest of SoA outside the temple. make sure you talk to the bear first before talking to the handler

Huh... I got the quest from Zaviak, but I finished Neera's questline, which causes spoiler stuff to happen at the camp... I think it took the quest to find him out of my journal. Is it too late to recruit him?
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited November 2013
    Ryofu said:

so we are obligated to have rassad in our group to do the wilson quest , we got from neera ???
  • KithrixxKithrixx Member Posts: 215
    Is there ANY equipment that Wilson can use? I mean, he's hilarious and his leveling bonuses are nice, but he's... not really worth taking beyond a laugh.
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    On a more serious note, some possible equipment that may make sense on a bear would be ioun stones. Rings may also work since maybe they magically size themselves up.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Kithrixx said:

Is there ANY equipment that Wilson can use? I mean, he's hilarious and his leveling bonuses are nice, but he's... not really worth taking beyond a laugh.

Its too bad he doesn't have something to help out his defense.
  • AmardarialAmardarial Member Posts: 270
    Well in PnP most magical gear changes based on user, thus a dragon can use rings/amulets and a adventure can find them and still make use, etc