Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I assume your charname is a cleric type, mine is a half-orc fighter/cleric
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    sarevok57 said:

I assume your charname is a cleric type, mine is a half-orc fighter/cleric

Dwarf Priest of Helm
    As for Wilson I would say he just requires more in the way of strategy than you would typically have to do for your average fighter. Getting an improved invisibility active on him (for defensive reasons) as well as protection from evil/defensive harmony certainly won't hurt though.
  • starskystarsky Member Posts: 44
    still cant find him
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    does the "joinable wilson" have a cluaconsole name/number/id?
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    ajwz said:

In my playthrough, he killed firekraag with his bear hands

har har

• kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    I'm really considering taking him on my ranger cleric multi run now but I'll have to decide who to take as my mage(s) to buff him. I always take imoen and used to always take Nalia and often Jan too but my current run might end up being 4 mages if I drop Jaheira for Imoen... Then again if I do that I'll be stuck on one front line fighter...

I'm pretty much already there actually because I've yet to get a weapon Jahiera can use, such a huge pain to find a Druid one handed that's not a sling.

• PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    It seems like Cespenar should be able to make some bear plate. Maybe not Cromwell, but Cespenar? It's right in his wheelhouse.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    edited December 2013
    Wow... I had no idea about this character... I'm immediately rerolling a Ranger now that there is finally a proper animal companion! Wow! I love bears

So complete neera and rasaads quest to recruit him?

Can you rename him in EE keeper? I have a bear name I always use
    Post edited by ReadingRambo on
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

Wow... I had no idea about this character... I'm immediately rerolling a Ranger now that there is finally a proper animal companion! Wow! I love bears

Can you rename him in EE keeper? I have a bear name I always use

I'm telling you, Smokey the Bear druid style.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    On a multiplayer playthrough, I wanted to surprise a friend who knew nothing about Wilson by getting him, so we took on Rasaad's questline (not Neera's). I found Wilson and didn't talk to him (didn't know I had to), but paid the 1000 gold to free him. As many have said, he ran off. We then went about continuing Rasaad's quest to the point when the Sharrite's attack, we killed them, then I went to locate Wilson at the entrance and he wasn't there.

The best part? Can't find him anywhere and now the Rasaad quest also seems to be broken. None of the Two-Fold monks will talk to us, Rasaad has nothing to say, no journal update talking about winning the fight, nothing. Seems I got a lovely two bugs for the price of one.
    You can console spawn Wilson I think its wilson13 for the code and talk to him, then come back and he will join.
    Everyone else in the post thus far stated wilson12 and how it didn't work and not one reply corrected them. Thanks, I will try it when I have the chance :)
    edited December 2013
    Wilson9 for SoA levels (250,000 xp)

Wilson13 for ToB ( 2,500,000 xp)

Either way you'll have to ctrl-q him to get him to join.
    I didn't realize Wilson13 was for ToB because my party when I had to do this (it just completely bugged on me and didn't give me a chance to talk to him, he ran off as soon as i approached the cages, maybe because I was on a kill everyone type of approach)... Then again wilson13 only had a bit more exp than most of my party who were generally over the 2 million mark already, and it was still chapter 2...
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Haha poor Imoen - she ages quite a bit in Spellhold during all of my runthroughs as well.
  • maximaxi Member Posts: 86
    I finally get him! :)
    so I did neera's quest first and finished it, then in rasaad's quest in the temple area (southeast) I found and freed Wilson. He left and After the fight with the monks I went to the area entrance and he was there waiting! My ranger is really happy to have a noble strong animal companion :)
    kryptix said:

I didn't realize Wilson13 was for ToB because my party when I had to do this (it just completely bugged on me and didn't give me a chance to talk to him, he ran off as soon as i approached the cages, maybe because I was on a kill everyone type of approach)... Then again wilson13 only had a bit more exp than most of my party who were generally over the 2 million mark already, and it was still chapter 2...

NPC's you haven't played normally start with 2.5 million xp if you pick them up in ToB.
    Worked like a charm, man, I was really disappointed I might not get to see him on either of my 'first' playthroughs ;) Thanks a bunch.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    PugPug said:

It seems like Cespenar should be able to make some bear plate. Maybe not Cromwell, but Cespenar? It's right in his wheelhouse.

Ooh. Panzerbjörn. I'm sure Phillip Pullman will be okay with it.
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    Did somebody say Wilson?
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508

Wilson has the right to Bear Arms
    huehuehue

huehuehue

But do YOU have the right to arm bears?
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    Jaeldyn said:

nsr said:

Ardanis said:

He's been designed to fill the kensai role in party.

Ooh, can he be modded to dual to mage?

He has such low stats in everywhere but STR and CON (like, 4 everywhere) so no. He can't lol. He unfortunately isn't a very bright bear.

Hey, he's smarter than your average bear!
    Amberion said:

Jaeldyn said:

nsr said:

Ardanis said:

He's been designed to fill the kensai role in party.

Ooh, can he be modded to dual to mage?

He has such low stats in everywhere but STR and CON (like, 4 everywhere) so no. He can't lol. He unfortunately isn't a very bright bear.

Hey, he's smarter than your average bear!
    Actually in BG2EE most bears you come across have 16 intelligence and 9 wisdom. Wilson has 4 intelligence and 4 wisdom. So I suppose Wilson is a closer example to a real life bear than the ones you come across in the game, but in the game he isn't smarter than the average bear :)
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    snorfle
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Who said Wilson don't talk? He's just w8ing for the right persons to speak with him, as Zaviak, Charname ... and Anomen!