Skip to content

Shame on you

I think your work is a shameless cash grab, out to entice the people who love the original games so much they'll pay anything for more of that epic experience and you know it. After the clusterfuck of a release that was the first game and all your false promises I won't be buying the second. I think you should turn your work to a new adventure in the same timeline/or an origins story of some of the best characters. But again, don't rush out some lame buggy piece of shit, put some passion into it and maybe you can redeem yourself.

For that price I wouldn't expect to find a single bug, I hope you've at least combed the baldurdash fixes meticulously.

Comments

• KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    Very constructive piece of advice you give the developers there.. Im sure they can use that feedback to make BG2EE and their next game much better!

Warning: Above piece may contain sarcasm...
    laptopman666SpaceInvader
  • althoralthor Member Posts: 67
    You must not have played the original BGs 1/2/expansions.
    They were buggy as hell as well. Patches were a must in the beginning.
    But, don't let reality stand in your way.
    SpaceInvader
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013
    I don't really get the logic of the whole "shameless cash grab" argument. BG2 is available on Gog or through an anthology set on other sites for download for a lot cheaper. If PC users in particular want to they can buy it from there. If they want a bunch of extra features or if they want a game that works on a mac/Ipad (without having to use other software to run it) they can buy BG2EE (and in the case of the Ipad optionally buy DLC).
    TPSullivan1
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    exactly. its not like the release of EE has removed the original from gog or steam (that would have been the only legitimate issue if they had). its just another case of someone being tempted by something but being too cheap to pay for it. "Damn you for enticing me"
    Koyote
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    The original (non-BGEE version) wasn't on steam :)
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    edited November 2013
    Look at his name. He's an obvious troll.

Edit: Then again, looks like he's been around for awhile, so maybe not.
  • rizar123rizar123 Member Posts: 30
    I like the part "put some passion into it". They must be very passionnate to take an old game and updating it. I don't think they were like : "Ok guys, let's remake a game, do you have any you hated and/or didn't even played?"

Anyway, it was an opinion and OP made it pretty clear.
    laptopman666
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    What I like is telling them you won't buy the game, but then suggesting what game they should make next. Sure, there's a real fan, let's listen to them... not any of those sycophants who have given us money.
    laptopman666
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    trolls will be trollin
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Alright, I think @spam101 has said everything they intend to say, and I'd rather not let this descend into people making personal attacks because just because they happen to disagree, so I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.
    elminsterTPSullivan1
This discussion has been closed.