Skip to content

Version Problem Help

Hi My brother bought bg2 EE on apps store with is Mac Os X and he got the version 1.2.2000 installed so when I try to join his game online by tcp/ip its saying wrong version because I got the 1.2.2030 installed on my computer and its on steam on a pc with windows 7. Well its frustrating because we tryed all way to play together it dosent work I was even looking for older patch impossible to found I looked all up on google and they say on mac its been updated like on windows :

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24852/bgii-ee-1-2-2030-11-20-2013

:( Plz someone help

Is there a way we can play together

If he create a game on the online server I cannot see is created game and If I create one on the online servers he cant see mine but im sure its due because we dont got the same version.

Is it possible to get a link to download for new version 1.2.2030 its say online the last update was on made on steam and they first started with mac version

Thank you sincerelly

Comments

• gnulinuxrulesgnulinuxrules Member Posts: 5
    Hello Abanddon,

I have the same issue and no solution.

I bought BG2:EE for macosx last weekend from the App Store and I can't play multiplayer games. When I try to enter in my friend games the app says that I have an old version (v.1.2.0000) and I should update to the last one (v.1.2.2030) but any update is available in the App Store.

Please help me!

Thanks
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Apple's App Store review process means there is a delay from when patches are released by Beamdog (and available to those who buy direct from Beamdog) to when they are available from the App Store.
  • whywakeupwhywakeup Member Posts: 3
    Hopefully this thread isn't too dead for me to bump. My friend and I are currently trying to initiate a multiplayer game (PC -> Mac) and are receiving the aformentioned incompatibility message. An update on the App Store has yet to materialize... It's February. I'm well aware that submitting anything to Apple is a tortuous process, but two months seem somewhat absurd.

Is there a download link somewhere on this site for the Mac .2030 update? I really don't care if Apple has approved it or not. We're scouring torrent sites, but nothing looks all that promising.

Sorry if I'm coming off a little grumpy. We've been at this for 2 hours or so already. I just hope I haven't missed some blatantly obvious solution somewhere.

(Second time posting this comment. First time was in the incorrect section.)
  • vitaboyvitaboy Member Posts: 4

Apple's App Store review process means there is a delay from when patches are released by Beamdog (and available to those who buy direct from Beamdog) to when they are available from the App Store.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/477484/#Comment_477484

It "sounds like" Beamdog never submitted 1.2.2030 to the Mac App Store and it certainly "sounds like" they let us know about it after 4 months of waiting. Nothing to do with Apple's review process, apparently.
  • cybiumcybium Member Posts: 4
    guys as i posted on the other thread, you can get a refund on this app through apple. just find your receipt email and click on "problem with this app" and follow the prompts.