Skip to content

Weimar's Item Upgrade bug?

DarkSpiralDarkSpiral Member Posts: 24
Howdy, all. I have the version of Item Upgrades that CamDawg tweaked for BG2EE installed, and recently discovered a problem.

Cromwell will notice the components for the Sorcerian Ring (Wizardry, Acuity, Prot Rings, and the Metaspell amulet) but the option to tell him to make it isn't showing up. I assumed it was due to the changes to the BG2EE version of the Ring of Wizardry, but that's a SWAG on my part. I've made sure the ring of protection is the norma; version, rather than the one that only has a saving throw bonus, rather than both that and a AC bonus (from the tweak pack).

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @CamDawg ^ Is the one to call.
  • DarkSpiralDarkSpiral Member Posts: 24
    You're right, of course. He profile doesn't indicate any activity for a while on this forum, and I don't know which of the several modder forums is his most likely haunt. The mod's page, obviously, still only has contact info for Wes Weimar.
  • DarkSpiralDarkSpiral Member Posts: 24
    Well, I have no idea what changed, but it worked on this last visit to Cromwell. *shrug*
  • KilmantorKilmantor Member Posts: 34
    Maybe you changed two compareable items? Like Ring of Koveras and Ring of the Price (both Protection Rings +1)
  • DarkchanterDarkchanter Member Posts: 13
    I had this problem - the dialog would say "Invalid - ..." and so would the description of the item (which Cromwell would make just fine).

So I scratched my head and figured it was one of those infamous windows permissions issues. Running the item-upgrade exe file with administrator permissions fixed the issue. (This was on win8.1)
  • ElfLadyElfLady Member Posts: 4
    I don't know if anyone is still following this, but I figured out the problem. The Ring of Wizardry (now the Reaching Ring) that you get from Galvarey during Jaheira's Harper questline is the wrong item. The Item Upgrade mod looks for item code RING08, but the ring you get in the Harper Stronghold is OHRINGWI. They're the exact same item and both seem to work, but the upgrade mod looks for RING08. I went into EE Keeper and switched them out, and sure enough, Cromwell saw the ring and created the Sorcerian ring just fine. But with the OHRINGWI version, Cromwell acted like I didn't have the right items (when I used the consistency version) or upgrading the Ring of Wizardry didn't show up on the list at all (when I used the original version). For the people who said the mod worked fine for them, if they got their ring elsewhere, like from another mod or the Mages Stronghold, that source must have used the right item code. Its an easy fix with EE Keeper. Hope someone finds this helpful.