Skip to content

What Deity does/would your PC worship?

luluscadoluluscado Member Posts: 69
I know its not important to the game but imagine if it was. It would have been awesome if your Deity of choice was to talk to your for a second or help you at some random time.

I think my main PC would worship Tymora as she goes well with my chaotic good thief's attitude.

Who would you PC worship? Or would they be faithless

Comments

• TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    Shar
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    It's pretty hard to be an atheist in Forgotten Realms, since it's just known that there are gods. I think my PC would just choose to not worship any of them.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Mystra I guess. Maybe very generic mr. Torm if I feel adventurous XD (generic because it sounds generic to me )
  • AurenRavidelAurenRavidel Member Posts: 139
    Depends on the character I'm playing. I'm fond of Mystra, Selune, and Jannath (the Moonshae Isles version of Chauntea). Tymora's probably the best all-round goddess for adventurers, considering we need all the luck we can get.
  • luluscadoluluscado Member Posts: 69
    Awong124 said:

It's pretty hard to be an atheist in Forgotten Realms, since it's just known that there are gods. I think my PC would just choose to not worship any of them.

i like the idea of being faithless but the Wall of the Faithless puts me off

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    luluscado said:

i like the idea of being faithless but the Wall of the Faithless puts me off

Well, your PC at the end of ToB is possibly powerful enough to kill Myrkul himself, so he/she should be able to prevent having that fate.
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    Eilistraee
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    My Blackguard will probably worship Bane, Shar, or Tiamat. Not sure...Anybody want to lend their insights to making that decision?

My Berserker run through BGTutu worshiped Tempus.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited August 2012
    Probably, Illmater, perserverance through suffering, with some imagination, melee characters could be very interesting in their mentalities through the suffering concept.

Edit : yeah or Loviatar for evil.
    Post edited by Mornmagor on
    edited August 2012

My Blackguard will probably worship Bane, Shar, or Tiamat. Not sure...Anybody want to lend their insights to making that decision?

I think bane would be good for a blackguard maybe Loviatar the mistress of pain. Because Mistress of pain sounds pretty cool.

I guess it would also depend on your alignment

I think it makes the most sense for characters to worship deities with matched alignments, since you share the same general moral outlook as your higher power. So, depending upon your character's alignment, the rundown would be:

Bane: Lawful Evil
    Shar: Neutral Evil
    Tiamat: Lawful Evil, but she values reptilian life more than human, so I'd go with Bane instead.

Hope this helps. :)
  • g314g314 Member Posts: 201
    I think my elf PC worships Sehanine Moonbow, Corellon Larethian, or Selûne.
    luluscado said:

I think bane would be good for a blackguard maybe Loviatar the mistress of pain. Because Mistress of pain sounds pretty cool.

I guess it would also depend on your alignment

Aha! I forgot about Loviatar. She was my Blackguard's deity in NWN, and I really like the explanation of her dogma the Wikipedia entry gives. Thanks, lulu, and everybody else who offered their input!
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    I don't think my PC would worship Bane or Cyric if she knew the truth about how the Three got their power, so... probably Shar or Talos.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited August 2012
    I remember bane as an enemy in of the SSI games. Together with Moander or Tyranthraxus
    shawne said:

I don't think my PC would worship Bane or Cyric if she knew the truth about how the Three got their power, so... probably Shar or Talos.

Well the legend of how Bane got his power is fairly well-known. It's in a book you can find throughout the game.

Still, though, I'm curious, why would that make them less appealing? They're ambitious men who began as mortals and achieved penultimate power through force of will, courage, cunning, and strength. Is that not the Evil ideal?
    @schneidend plus thing of the awesome whip insignia
  • FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    The Red Knight
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Either Oghma or not worship any deity at all.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited August 2012

Well the legend of how Bane got his power is fairly well-known. It's in a book you can find throughout the game.

Still, though, I'm curious, why would that make them less appealing? They're ambitious men who began as mortals and achieved penultimate power through force of will, courage, cunning, and strength. Is that not the Evil ideal?

Well, the way I RPed my Bhaalspawn, she isn't very impressed with her father and his companions - true, they became gods, but that doesn't mean they were worthy of the power. And in her eyes, the fact that Bhaal was killed by Cyric (who she sees as weak and cowardly) only confirms her belief that gaining power is one thing, keeping it is quite another.
    @FrozenDervish

I've always liked the minor gods like The Red Knight and Hoar. Their domains are rather small, but that's part of the appeal, I think.
    @Shawne

Cyric (who she sees as weak and cowardly)

I could not agree more he just seems like such a twerp in the game anyway. When he pops up I'm just like so how did you gain any power.
    I quite like gond as a minor god its nice theres a god whose focus is technology not magic I don't think he'd be much use to most PC tho
  • eainterplayeainterplay Member Posts: 55
    Helm or Ilmater
  • SkydreeSkydree Member Posts: 36
    My Gnome is a priest of Selune. :-)
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    DEFINITELY Ohgma... not sure if I spelled that right.
    I've always played a Mage of some sort (Fighter/Mage or Cleric/Mage) I love secrets and gaining knowledge and wisdom. "Knowing is half the battle"
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    Oghma would seem the most logical choice, he has a monopoly on temples in your home (which you have never left) and his vibe fits your upbringing. however if turning to a god after leaving then it depends entirely on what sort of character it is.
    @communard

You could just become a Exarch of your chosen god i think Oghma has a few already
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    Mystra or Thoth
  • SixSix Member Posts: 33
    Religious is one of the few things I have a really hard time to rp so mostly I'd go for faithless.
    Just can't get myself to bow down to deity's even if I would know they where real.