Skip to content

RP Heavy BG1-BG2 Playthrough - FULL.

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    yep, looked away and done. setup the server while I roll my character up, trying to get around my stats. haven't done that yet, sorry. make sure to use a password.
  • SquareTinSquareTin Member Posts: 30
    Ok I made it - it's called Square Tin password is ST
    Sound died out during loading. Don't know if crashed or not?
  • SonarchSonarch Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2013

Version should be BGEE 1.2.0. BGIIEE is 1.2.something more.

edit: 4 of 5 seem to be online.
    ¨Hear Ye! Hear Ye! I call upon the annual gathering of most esteemed technicians!¨
    Sonarch said:

Version should be BGEE 1.2.0. BGIIEE is 1.2.something more.

I have the correct version

@squaretin either I can't connect to you, or Hamachi will be required. I will try holding a lobby and see if you could join my own. I will name it Maeglin and password is squaretin (all lower case, password appears to be case sensitive)
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6400/b7cz.png (S)
    http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/7106/2sbj.png (M)
    http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6016/n26q.png (L)

Hey, I decided to use the portrait Isandir made for my Kensai. I don't know if u need all the sizes, but I linked them all anyway. Let's just pretend Kang has a family sword that he carries cos he thinks it is a family heirloom, but he has no actual interest in swordsmanship and actually is actually holding a quarterstaff out of shot. lol

@Heindrich1988 We've all met up in lobbies and everything seems in order. Ready when you all are. :)
    last thing in order is for me to get Skype then
    @SquareTin

Cool I'm on skype now with Sonarch, I've added u. And waiting for a PM from @ChildofBhaal599.
    Is it possible to do a multi user call on Skype by the way?
    SquareTin said:

Is it possible to do a multi user call on Skype by the way?

yes, but no video (not that we need video)

quickly making a Skype as I forgot my login :(
    @SquareTin
    @ChildofBhaal599
    Oh I guess u need to rename my pic 'KangL' so it works with my ingame character.

I've renamed urs OliasL and MaeglinL

@SquareTin
    @ChildofBhaal599
    Oh I guess u need to rename my pic 'KangL' so it works with my ingame character.

I've renamed urs OliasL and MaeglinL

I don't think maeglinl will work. should probably use the m
    @heindrich1988 I sent my Skype in a pm. add me then and we shall be off on our journey :)
    since others apparently use my name, here is the Skype picture

hey, if you can't find me, maybe you could give me your name and with luck I can find you more easily than myself. I know Brandon is a common first name, and I don't know if you can search by profile name
    my username is "haodu1988"

wow i got a bad skype download. i chose advanced install but something seems to be blocking beamdog.net now
    i may need to system restore this guys because skype did something to mess around with my ability to connect. luckily it made a point before installing skype, so maybe it won't be so bad. yet skype isn't even coming up right now, so that really sucks.
    @ChildofBhaal559 We're all having the same problem - it seems to be a problem with Beamdog servers!
    @ChildofBhaal599
    We all cannot connect to Beamdog servers now. I think it's a Beamdog side issue.
    Don't worry it's not Skype! We're all experiencing it :)
  • LiberelliLiberelli Member Posts: 170
    Sorry i've been offline for a while, i dont always check the forums that much. I'll be easier to get a hold of if you guys just add me on steam (smartrijder) or skype (liberellidonderaradoodeboochies).

Have you guys played a game then? It's not the worst for me if you have. Like Heinrich said, i didnt plan on joining the party until after candlekeep so i'll manage for next time.

As far as the models go, you can just edit your own character in EEkeeper (eg. make your kensai look like a thief), there's no need to edit saves and send them around. Perhaps if the game is already in progress that might be a different matter, might have to import anew.

Anyway, just add me and i'm sure ill be available for the rest of the weekend, and most likely the rest of next week.
    ah yes i already fixed my character when i made and imported him he looks like a thief :)
  • SonarchSonarch Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2013
    Liberelli said:

Sorry i've been offline for a while, i dont always check the forums that much. I'll be easier to get a hold of if you guys just add me on steam (smartrijder) or skype (liberellidonderaradoodeboochies).

Have you guys played a game then? It's not the worst for me if you have. Like Heinrich said, i didnt plan on joining the party until after candlekeep so i'll manage for next time.

As far as the models go, you can just edit your own character in EEkeeper (eg. make your kensai look like a thief), there's no need to edit saves and send them around. Perhaps if the game is already in progress that might be a different matter, might have to import anew.

Anyway, just add me and i'm sure ill be available for the rest of the weekend, and most likely the rest of next week.

We had tehnical issues today. Beamdog servers were down, so we didn't actually start. We will try again on Saturday 5 p. m. You are welcome to join.

Edit: If beamdog servers give anymore trouble we should definitely setup a hamatchi virtual network. I've reinstalled hamatchi and it works fine now. I didn't took into account to where the beamdog servers are situated as to factor in the possible latency.
    Post edited by Sonarch on
    would be good to update the title. we not only have 4 but with the return of liberelli we have five
    hello guys.

@heindrich1988 have you tried server porting. apparently unresponsiveness can result it servers are no opened. this is one of the better things I could find on the internet to help.

Another idea too, would we maybe have some mods in play for either game? As I understand it we could use mods if we desire, as the game will run as the host's machine has it. of course we would need them too. only a suggestion, especially as many mods for BG1 are not yet available and many require NPCs. The only one that seems like it would have any use is SCS and that just makes the game harder, which I doubt each of us want.
  • BlackhawkBlackhawk Member Posts: 34
    Don't suppose you guys might be interested in a 6th?
  • LiberelliLiberelli Member Posts: 170
    First off, the port forwarding only affects the host since the latest patch, so as long as the host has all the settings right that shouldnt be an issue. I'm not a fan of hamachi, so far most of my tests havent produced any conclusive evidence that hamachi is more stable anyway. If all else fails i could host just fine, but then my guy's backstory would fall to pieces :)

As far as mods go, since everyone will have to have all the same mods installed it can be a bit of a hassle, but if everyone agrees to have them i dont mind. Just as long as they dont alter the game (just cosmetics or ai mods and the like)

And i dont think we can take you on blackhawk, you might say it's only one extra, but every new member reduces success exponentially. I'm not sure we should even have 5 tbh.
    edited December 2013
    edit: ignore this. i wasn't paying attention to some comments in the thread
    Post edited by ChildofBhaal599 on