Skip to content

Second quest from Bodhi - can't finish it

acontacont Member Posts: 3
edited January 2014 in Not An Issue
After traveling around and completing most of the side quest I decided to move forward and go to Chapter 3. I finished game many times playing on Shadow Thief's side, so this time I chose Bodhi.

However, I have an issue. While taking second quest she gave me option to chose evil quest, or the good one. While having the conversation I first chosen evil quest (killing someone in government district), but while continuing the dialogue I switched to the good quest - rescuing someone from Shadow Thief's.

The problem is: When I go to Docks district, Shadow Thief's HQ, second floor - there is no one there, therefore I cannot finish her quest. I have also tried going to this building and killing that person instead and planting the evidence in the fountain, but the house is empty.

I am stuck here. Please help, how can I finish this quest?

EDIT:

Just to provide more details:
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-3/quests/bodhi-2-free-traitor.php
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-3/quests/bodhi-2-kill-merchant.php

Both of those places are empty when I go there, therefore I cannot finish the quest, and it's major blocker to finish the game.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• SmilgeSmilge Member Posts: 104
    edited December 2013
    You aren't alone. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24748/can-t-save-palern-flynn-if-he-s-not-there

Thanks for the detailed description, I'll take a look at the dialog and see if you can somehow skip setting the variables you're supposed to set.

The solution that seemed to work for the others was:

CLUAConsole: SetGlobal("BodhiJob", "GLOBAL", 3)

Edit: I can't see any way for you to skip the game setting that variable, and while wierd stuff does happen occasionally we shouldn't see so many people with the same problem. What happens when you try to talk to Bodhi?
  • acontacont Member Posts: 3
    Bodhi was ignoring me. I took the code to activate people in the location of second floor of thieves building from the link you posted. That helped. Thanks.
  • GrogbagGrogbag Member Posts: 9
    I have the same problem - have used the console entry suggested above and also an additional one to spawn Palern Flyn as suggested in another thread on this topic but nothing seems to happen. Using commands like CTRLJ works so I must have activated the Console correctly (I think). I am running BG2EE on a Mac Powerbook. Is there something else I need to do to see these commands take effect. I have just exited and reentered the area of the Thieves Guild (i.e. back to first floor from second) but nothing happens.
    Thanks
    And for avoidance of doubt when I look in the .ini file using TextEdit the following lines are present -

'Lua Edit', 'String0', 'CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("PalernSpawn","AR0328",0)',
    'Lua Edit', 'String1', 'CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("BodhiJob","GLOBAL",3)',
    'Lua Edit', 'String2', '',

These were entered from with the game by using CTRL Space to open the console and typing them in, then Return. I typed them on separate occasions, have exited and restarted the game but still when I leave the first floor of the guild to go to the second floor it is empty.

Should I be doing anything else to make it take effect?
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for your help - save game file attached. The background sounds the same as @acont's game - first said I would do the murder then changed my mind.
    Trying to recall the sequence :-

Started the thieves quest and met Mae Vaers(???) but did not yet complete any tasks for him
    Then did the Arnise castle quest and took the fighter stronghold
    Then met and accepted Bodhi's offer
    Then did a mixture of Edwin's tasks and Bodhi's first quest as well as the red cloth and paladin in the graveyard quests
    Then picked up Bodhi's second quest having had the change of heart half way through
    Then not sure how I spent the two days since - some resting, dumped Hexxat, presumably some other activity, I think may have rescued Montaron in that time. I have at some point dumped Minsc and Jaheira and picked up Dorn and Viconia and that might also have been in this time, I can't remember. It was after the d'Arnise quest.
    Then went back to thieves guild , entered by ground floor and cleared that out , went up stairs from inside the ground floor

I know Bodhi says the quest is time critical but I hadn't realised she meant it that strictly. Maybe this is a legit storyline and I have to face the music with her?

I will try the local setting you suggest and see if it makes a difference and will post back before start of US day.

Thanks
    @Gate70 your comments about the two different locations got me thinking. I had been entering the console commands while in AR0327 so I tried it again while already in AR0328 and it worked. All the thieves and Palern appeared after I had entered both console SetGlobal commands and the quest journal updated as I would expect. Thanks for your help.
    That would have been it - I had been lead to believe from various spoilers that only the ranger quests were time critical. That'll teach me to believe everything I read. Thanks
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24748/can-t-save-palern-flynn-if-he-s-not-there

Moving this one to "Not an Issue" as a duplicate of the other thread. It's got a better description. :) I've linked it here and this one there so we can move between them. Please consolidate discussion to the other thread however.