Skip to content

Which is your favourite: NWN/NWN2!?

13»

Comments

• recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    It's a tight competition, to be honest! How shall I vote?
    Based on the campaigns, I'll give it to NWN2, on account of NWN1's original campaign being so horrendous and tedious that I never finished it. However, NWN1's easily accessible online and simpler interface is the easiest and best free-to-play RP I've ever found, if not only because it's D&D and not absurd like the online D&D 'Stormreach', or whatever.
    That said, NWN2's online was buggy, and it was never compelling enough that I bought either expansion. But the campaign had more interesting characters, the appearance was lovely and refreshing (whereas NWN is uncomfortably caught somewhere in between BG and NWN2). It had it's own drawbacks - namely the tedious city guard quests mentioned above, and Shandra Jerro, who was insatiably annoying and bitchy. But it was at least intriguing enough that I actually finished it! lol
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    If we can keep the AI from Infinite engine, i'm all for that, cos aurora engine don't have an artificial inteligence, but an artificial stupidy.

• kreywetkreywet Member Posts: 8
    I haven't really got to play much of NWN2 but I used to play NWN all the time. It is actually the first time I have played all the way through a rpg even all the expansions. When I got the diamond edition it was the best purchase I have made at the time. I remember alot of good times with NWN. I first got hooked playing Icewind Dale 1 & 2 and then when NWN came out, you just have to have it. What I have played of NWN2 was really fun and hopefully soon I can get that and be able to play it fully.
  • LRECLREC Member Posts: 68
    @Sylvus_Moonbow well that just looks delightful!
  • ArrakisArrakis Member Posts: 11
    @Sylvus_Moonbow That looks great, Can't wait to play that.