Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Hexxat's thieving icon has disappeared!

ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
As the title says, Hexxat no longer has a thieving icon. There is nothing in it's place, it's just a gap where you can see the normal game screen. It disappeared during her ToB quest.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Can you zip and upload a save game?
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Thieving icon appears fine for me. Is that save affected by the issue you were having, or is it pre-issue? If pre-issue, can you tell me what you did in order to make it disappear?

Also, do you have any mods installed? If you close the game and restart, is it still affected?
    edited December 2013
    Well I had assumed it was just the save, but upon starting a new game with the default thief the issue persists. It appears to be only single class thieves that are affected, I recruited Imoen to check and her icons are fine (although the thieving icon is in a slightly different place for her class combo).

No mods.

I can't think I was doing anything out of the ordinary before this happened. I was simply going through the tomb for Hexxat's quest.

EDIT: Yes latest patch.
    @ryuken87, I don't suppose you could post a screenshot where the icon is missing?
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Can you use your launcher to verify the game's files? It sounds like a missing or corrupted graphic to me.
    Ok this seems to have fixed itself today, the only thing that's changed is my computer has been turned off and on. I did have another graphics bug to do with the cursor in EE1 which I detailed here and was apparently related to my graphics card. That bug hasn't happened nearly as often in EE2 (just the once I think). I dunno whether this could be another graphics card related bug. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17606/cursor-bug.

I didn't use any thief backstab workarounds.

I'm not sure what you mean by use the launcher to verify the game's files. Do you mean state that it's version 1.2.2030?

Thank you for all of your efforts.