Skip to content

Themed all-PC party builds

Comments

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    @marceror @Madhax

Well you've got Abdel right. The others are the all characters that are both rules legal and not tied to other, non-legal characters (Khalid is tied to Jaheira, who gets Harpers call).

I could also have included Shar-Teel and Garrick instead of Monty and Xzar so that it was both rules legal and no cross-affiliated characters, but that would have meant including Garrick.

Everyone else in BG either has unique magical gear from the get-go, unique abilities or illegal stats, which you can't duplicate on BG characters.

I'd suggest a Golden Axe theme, but really that would just be a bunch of kitted Fighter/Mages and Fighter/Mage/Thieves.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520

Kirk - Swashbuckler 10 dual Fighter?
    Spock - Half-elf Fighter/Mage?
    McCoy - Cleric of some sort?
    Uhura - Possibly a Diviner?
    Sulu - No idea
    Scotty - No idea either

Sulu.. I suggest Kensai :)
    Scotty.. some kind of rogue perhaps? :)
  • j3cwillj3cwill Member Posts: 51
    Many moons ago, I put together a Wheel of Time party for IWD2, and I remember it being a total blast.

I am VERY rusty with those characters, but you could get a good group using any of the following:

Rand (You could go a few ways with him)
    Lan (Warrior of some sort)
    Moiraine (Druid or Sorceress)
    Mat (Thief using staffs)
    Thom (Blade or Thief with daggers)
    Nynaeve (Healer)
    Perrin (Beastmaster or Druid that only shapes into a wolf)

I know that I am forgetting a lot about that series, so it would be fun to hear other ideas with these characters.

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747

Kirk - Swashbuckler 10 dual Fighter?
    Spock - Half-elf Fighter/Mage?
    McCoy - Cleric of some sort?
    Uhura - Possibly a Diviner?
    Sulu - No idea
    Scotty - No idea either

Scotty - self buffing cleric (McCoy as heal bot). In ST:Online, Engineers were the tank/self buffer class, scientists the disablers/mages. Could dual from mage to have a couple of "shields up" spells, i.e. use spell deflection as the allmighty deflector dish.
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    Pantalion said:

@marceror @Madhax

Well you've got Abdel right. The others are the all characters that are both rules legal and not tied to other, non-legal characters (Khalid is tied to Jaheira, who gets Harpers call).

I could also have included Shar-Teel and Garrick instead of Monty and Xzar so that it was both rules legal and no cross-affiliated characters, but that would have meant including Garrick.

Everyone else in BG either has unique magical gear from the get-go, unique abilities or illegal stats, which you can't duplicate on BG characters.

How in the world was anyone supposed to guess that? Abdel isn't even in the game, so how am I supposed to know if he's legal. And why is a starting character having unique magical gear not rules legal? Are these characters not allowed to have histories prior to us meeting them, which might result in the acquisition of a unique magical item?

This has got to be one of the most arbitrary "themes"... well, ever! Sorry, just sayin'.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    ^ nice!
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Naveen said:

Pitty about not being able to use a spear and a shield.

SO MUCH THIS. For a Barca in my Spartacus party, I'd want spear + buckler.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

One of the very many awesome things in ToEE; you get to use bucklers with two-handers. \o/

One of the very many awesome things in ToEE; you get to use bucklers with two-handers. \o/
    Yup.. "Monkey Grip" feat ftw :)
    Monkey Grip isn't necessary. You can use 2 handed. The buckler gives an attack penalty iirc. Of course MG is best for a hoplite fighting style.
    marceror said:

Monkey Grip isn't necessary. You can use 2 handed. The buckler gives an attack penalty iirc. Of course MG is best for a hoplite fighting style.

Yup.. in ToEE, but in NWN2 it is/was necessary to have it, if you want the hoplite fighting style..

"This feat grants the ability to wield weapons that are normally two-handed for your race with only one hand at a -2 penalty to hit. For example: a human could wield a greatsword and a shield using this feat, while a halfling could wield a longsword in each hand. Medium sized characters (humans, half-orcs, elves, dwarves, etc) with this feat can use giant weapons (with -2 to hit). Note that this ability only applies to melee weapons and does not affect the use of crossbows, bows, etc."

Neverwinter Nights 2 also has that wonderful thing where you get a damage bonus if you use two hands on a one-handed weapon. But now we're derailing this thing aren't we :P
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    we need something away from fantasy where everything is obvious

Mass Effect

Shepard (charname, could be anything, but default Shep is soldier so I would say fighter)
    Tali-Cleric-Lawful Good- considering tech and clerics are support, I think this would best suit her
    Garrus-Archer-Chaotic Good- a great sniper, i think this is the best fit for him
    Thane-fighter dual mage-true neutral- considering biotics magic. he is focused on archery, as he is also a good sniper
    Wrex-fighter/mage-chaotic neutral- also a biotic, but i think he should continue leveling in fighter also
    Grunt-fighter-chaotic neutral- well he is a Krogan hard hitter like Wrex, without biotics
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    edited December 2013
    Naveen said:

-'sacker of cities' and 'cunning' Odysseus: Fighter/thief TN/CN Str 14-16, Dex 14-17, Con 14-18, Int 16+, Wis 14-16, Char 12-14. Weapon of choice: Spear, axe and short bow.

Great characters, @Naveen! But I'd see Odysseus as more of a ranger than a thief (and give him higher strength?). He travels across large parts of the known world, is a ressourceful survivor and he is the only one strong enough to draw his bow when he finally returns to defeats the dudes wooing Penelope.

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    LOVE THESE

Already made a Buffy Party
    Buffy: Undead Hunter (duhhhh) wish I could make her chaotic good
    Willow: sorceress
    Spike: Bounty Hunter (fits his persona) obviously Chaotic Neutral
    Xander: Fighter (from when he was a soldier and kept his memories) or Bard (his usually role of keeping up the spirits of the group)
    Giles: Lawful Good Cleric

Angel and Cordelia can be in both
    Cordelia: Jester (for the buuuuurrrnsss "excuse me? who gave you permission to exist?")
    Angel: Undead Undead Hunter

Angel Only Party
    Wesley: Began as a Lawful Neutral (of course!) Cleric but then went Chaotic Neutral dual class to bounty hunter (ROGUE DEMON HUNTER OBVIOUSLY)
    Lorn: BARD cuz obviously
    Charles Gunn: Stalker with favored enemy: vampire since he is basically an urban ranger
    Fred: Cleric with high lore dualled to Sorceress in Season Five Illyria storyline
    Connor: Undead Hunter

Optionals
    Groo: barbarian!!!!
    Oz: Clearly a Shapeshifter class without argument (same with Nina I guess)
    Riley: Cavalier with the initiative
    Gwen: Shadowdancer since she's a master thief who can lose even Angel in plain sight
    Tara: Level one witch (never liked this character tbh)
    Anya: Merchant class, lol
    Dawn: Morninglord of Lathander (cuz... "dawn")
    Darla: Swashbuckler or some other kind of thief class
    Drusilla: Hexxat

Kurumi said:

Sir Robin Theme

Sir Robin - Paladin
    1st fav. Ministrel - Bard
    2nd fav. Ministrel - Bard
    3rd fav. Ministrel - Bard
    4th fav. Ministrel - Bard
    5th fav. Ministrel - Bard

Bravely bold Sir Robin
    Rode forth from Camelot Candlekeep.
    He was not afraid to die,
    Oh brave Sir Robin.
    He was not at all afraid
    To be killed in nasty ways.
    Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin.

He was not in the least bit scared
    To be mashed into a pulp.
    Or to have his eyes gouged out,
    And his elbows broken.
    To have his kneecaps split
    And his body burned away,
    And his limbs all hacked and mangled
    Brave Sir Robin.

His head smashed in
    And his heart cut out
    And his liver removed
    And his bowls unplugged
    And his nostrils raped
    And his bottom burnt off
    And his pen...

"That's... that's enough music for now lads, looks like there's dirty work afoot!!!

Hopefully you won't be roleplaying this one too much, as I don't expect that you'd ever get too far from Candlekeep, err, because you'd bravely run back to it.
    marceror said:

Hopefully you won't be roleplaying this one too much, as I don't expect that you'd ever get too far from Candlekeep, err, because you'd bravely run back to it.

"We're not retreating, we're just advancing in the other direction."
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    A tactical repositioning to the the rear.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited December 2013
    Dux89 said:

But... but... the Ranger class IS Aragorn. He can heal with spells if it's the healing you're concerned with!

Totally agree with this.
    Dux89 said:

Tyrion Lannister - Bard?

To be honest I don't think Tyrion would qualify for any character classes. He's not useless as a warrior but nor is he good enough to be granted the Fighter class (otherwise he wouldn't need Bronn as a bodyguard). He also has no magic powers, burglaring abilities or devotion to any gods whatsoever.

But if you had to have him in a BG party, I'd make him an unusual Fighter or Thief (if the party is lacking one) with poor STR, average DEX, CON and WIS, and high INT and CHA. He's a strategist who can talk his way out of most troubles.
    Dux89 said:

Jaime Lannister - Paladin (not sure the alignment is there)? Pure-class Fighter?

The Kingslayer is *anything* but good-aligned. Not the man who betrays the king by having an affair with the queen and later tries to murder a child via defenestration without a second's hesitation. His involvement with Lady Brienne changes him for the better, but even then he'd be neutral at best.

Jamie has a conscience of sorts but at the end of the day he doesn't really care about anyone but himself and Cersei. As he himself puts it, he'd kill them all until they're all that's left.

So yeah, vanilla Fighter with grandmastery in Long Swords and two pips in Single Weapon Style.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470

SUPERNATURAL (best show ever... until after season 5)

Dean Winchester: CG Thief dualed to Fighter with a Knife (knife for the "ganking" and thief for the credit card scams)
    Sam Winchester: LG Undead Hunter turned CN Blackguard (i know, CN isn't allowed, but it fits, and Blackguard because of his ability to send souls back to hell) turned Undead Hunter, turned dead, turned alive, turned Undead Hunter, Turned Blackguard, turned Undead hunter, turned dead, turned alive, turned Blackguard and finally back to Undead Hunter
    Bobby Singer: LG Fighter/Cleric of Hanseath (Cleric cuz he heals the boys, and Hanseath bcuz he is the god of beer and it is bobby singer)
    Castiel: of course an Aasimar, but class is tough. Gotta go with LG Cavalier, turned CN Fallen Cavalier, turned Cavalier again
    Kevin Tran: Human NG Mage (Diviner class since he can read the books)
    Jo: chaotic good swashbuckler
    Papa Winchester was a Cavalier

I agree it seems like it was written for the series to end season 5.

I think Dean would make a good swashbuckler or even a blade.
    Sam could be a Blackguard the whole way. He always went against his family wishes and always made the wrong choices. And that anger.
    Castiel should just a stay a Cavlier and never fall. Although the other angels don't approve him the god in the series still favors him.

SUPERNATURAL (best show ever... until after season 5)

Dean Winchester: CG Thief dualed to Fighter with a Knife (knife for the "ganking" and thief for the credit card scams)
    Sam Winchester: LG Undead Hunter turned CN Blackguard (i know, CN isn't allowed, but it fits, and Blackguard because of his ability to send souls back to hell) turned Undead Hunter, turned dead, turned alive, turned Undead Hunter, Turned Blackguard, turned Undead hunter, turned dead, turned alive, turned Blackguard and finally back to Undead Hunter
    Bobby Singer: LG Fighter/Cleric of Hanseath (Cleric cuz he heals the boys, and Hanseath bcuz he is the god of beer and it is bobby singer)
    Castiel: of course an Aasimar, but class is tough. Gotta go with LG Cavalier, turned CN Fallen Cavalier, turned Cavalier again
    Kevin Tran: Human NG Mage (Diviner class since he can read the books)
    Jo: chaotic good swashbuckler
    Papa Winchester was a Cavalier

I agree it seems like it was written for the series to end season 5.

I think Dean would make a good swashbuckler or even a blade.
    Sam could be a Blackguard the whole way. He always went against his family wishes and always made the wrong choices. And that anger.
    Castiel should just a stay a Cavlier and never fall. Although the other angels don't approve him the god in the series still favors him.
    Swashbuckler works perfectly as it is basically a simpler fighter/thief
    I think there needs to be something to show Sam's fall/recovery/fall/recovery/fall/recovery etc
    Castiel is only a "fallen cavalier" for part of season seven. I think Aasimar is extremely fitting for him.
    Perhaps Tiefling for Sam due to the Demon's Blood?
    edited December 2013
    Kilivitz said:

The Kingslayer is *anything* but good-aligned. Not the man who betrays the king by having an affair with the queen and later tries to murder a child via defenestration without a second's hesitation. His involvement with Lady Brienne changes him for the better, but even then he'd be neutral at best.

Jamie has a conscience of sorts but at the end of the day he doesn't really care about anyone but himself and Cersei. As he himself puts it, he'd kill them all until they're all that's left.

So yeah, vanilla Fighter with grandmastery in Long Swords and two pips in Single Weapon Style.

Agreed: Chaotic Neutral.
    Papa Lannister is Lawful Neutral to a tee

@Marceror I think you mean Rick not Jim in your Walking Dead Party
    Post edited by booinyoureyes on
    Avengers:
    Captain America: Sword and Board Paladin (Of course needs a shield... would be cool as a shield and fist paladin, lol) Special ability: inspire courage
    Iron Man: Big Metal Unit on a mage
    Thor: Aasimar Fighter with single weapon fighting Hammer (returning hammer). He gains special abilities: Call Lightning then Smite Evil and finally Call Storm as he levels up
    Hawkeye: Archer, duh
    Black Widow: Assassin dualed to fighter
    Hulk: When he gets angry he shape-shifts to Yaga-Shura/steel golem/anything big and bad but always green or grey

Lesser Known/Other Avengers:
    Hercules: Aasimar Barbarian with a Mace
    Black Panther: Monk
    Hank Pym: Shapeshifter. Its seems like an ugly fit, but I find it elegant because of a. Giant Man works for shape-shifting and b. Ant-Man it works for the "summon insect" line of spells
    Wasp: halfling fighter
    Vision: Dragon Disciple for "breath weapon" as his natural attack
    Wonder-Man: Fighter/Mage due to his "energy-based" strength
    Miss Marvel: Dragon Disciple (tough fit overall)
    Quicksilver: Monk with permanent improved haste
    Scarlet Witch: Wild Mage for her hex powers
    Black Knight: sword and board Paladin

Other Marvel/New Avengers
    Daredevil (my fave): Stalker dual wielding maces/clubs for his billy-clubs. He is the typical Urban Ranger type, and of course the dual wield and hide in shadows fits his character.
    Spider-Man: Stalker as well (they can cast web!!!!!) immune to hold
    Dr. Strange: Mage, obv
    Spider-Woman: Swashbuckler with the spell "friends" as a special ability
    Wolverine: Berserker dual-wielding blades REGENERATING
    Iron Fist: Sun Soul Monk (burning hands anyone???)
    Luke Cage: Fighter with PERMANENT??? Stoneskin special ability (op)