Skip to content

Favourite location

MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
I was just wondering what location in the game do you liked the most. In audio/visual terms and atmosphere.

I really liked High Hedge map. I visited it after Beregost and it was welcomed change from loud town. I liked it being silent wood with mysterious manor/tower in the middle, inconspicuous rangers lurking around.

First map was also great. You wake up alone on the road and that sound of waves crushing on cliffs always cause serious case of nostalgia for me. That and the sound of Vulture from the second map(and other mountain maps). Is it Vulture, right?

Also liked Gnoll Stronghold from the beginning but was a bit disappointed later after realizing that you can´t get inside.

And what about you?

Comments

• limlitelimlite Member Posts: 12
    It's an eagle that soars in mountainous regions actually, not a vulture.
    I very much liked the Nashkel carnival, even if it was a bit empty, twas true to the crisis brewing... Oopah, just one more time, mkay?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited August 2012
    Gullykin. I always wanted some more quests out of it. Considering its proximity to the Firewine ruins and bridge you'd think it would get at least a few more outsiders.
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    Favourite area... there are so many of them and im not sure if there are a topic for this allready and i have ansvered something on that allready but ill go with firewine ruins for now just completed it and its so freaking hard with 2lvl characters so its fun for me to reload 10times (i like hitting my head agains a wall)

Baldurs gate 2 i would go with planar prison because i just love to play Blade kit over and over again nothing else seems so (kool).
  • GaaraGaara Member Posts: 26
    Mathuzzz said:

First map was also great. You wake up alone on the road and that sound of waves crushing on cliffs always cause serious case of nostalgia for me.

this :)
  • MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
    edited August 2012
    limlite said:

It's an eagle that soars in mountainous regions actually, not a vulture.

Ops, of course eagle, my bad. English is not my native language.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Weirdly it is the Mutamin's Garden map, where the basilisks are. I say weirdly because I love it and hate it at the same time. The place totally creeps me out and even with Protection Against Petrification cast on me and a potion of Mirrored Eyes close to hand I still feel nervous the whole time I am there and can't wait to leave.

I've played the game countless times and yet it still has the same effect on me.
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    The area's leading up to the Gnoll Stronghold :D
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    I cant mention every area here, they just all have charm and are full of awesomeness (partly noltalgia speaking here). I will mention the werewolf island though seeing as noone else has mentioned it. It was the mystery and feeling you get there I think. Alot of areas have this feeling but it had a good story to back it up as well (imo)