Skip to content

So... Which coffee is your best, or your first choice?

2»

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Almateria said:

I drink alcohol exclusively

So you mix your coffee with Baileys? Good choice.
  • DeathKnightDeathKnight Member Posts: 93
    Erg said:

I like Italian Espresso, but only the real deal, not that awful beverage called also Espresso that they serve you in most places outside of Italy :)

For instance all the following images can be found with Google Images searching for Espresso, but

1) this is not real Espresso as the colour isn't right :)

2) this is not Espresso either. They got the colour right this time, but there is apparently too much water in it :)

3) finally this is what real Italian Espresso should look like (everything looks perfect: colour, amount, density, etc.)
    ... and yeah this is a full cup!

I LOVE Espresso! Even if my first and foremost choice is its cold version, i really like it hot, too! Heavy, strong, with exceptional taste and aroma. Can't get enough, ever!

Hmmm, from above, mixing coffee, especially cold, with bailee's, is a very tasty and popular thing; but it contains many calories... :(
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    edited December 2013
    Erg said:

I like Italian Espresso, but only the real deal, not that awful beverage called also Espresso that they serve you in most places outside of Italy :)

For instance all the following images can be found with Google Images searching for Espresso, but

1) this is not real Espresso as the colour isn't right :)

To be fair, this isn't even suppose to be an espresso, it's a coffee prepared in vacuum pot.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Fredjo that's a scientist's coffee, made with a grenade launcher and an air compressor.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited December 2013
    Fredjo said:

To be fair, this isn't even suppose to be an espresso, it's a coffee prepared in vacuum pot.

I agree with you. It isn't Espresso, but it looks like it is sold as such and that was my point :)

http://www.parisperfect.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Paris-Perfect-Blog-Coutume-Cafe-Italian-Espresso.jpg
    Post edited by Erg on
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    I have to disagree, the picture is originally from http://www.parisperfect.com/blog/2012/05/ and the title of the picture says: "Coffee and Italian style espresso at Coutume" Coffee most probably stands for the vacuum pot while "Italian style espresso" stands for the espresso we can see in the picture as well.

But it's as important as an elven arse so...:D
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited December 2013
    Fredjo said:

I have to disagree, the picture is originally from http://www.parisperfect.com/blog/2012/05/ and the title of the picture says: "Coffee and Italian style espresso at Coutume" Coffee most probably stands for the vacuum pot while "Italian style espresso" stands for the espresso we can see in the picture as well.

Point taken :)

I may have chosen the wrong picture, I should have used this one instead (as example of fake Espresso)
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Fair Trade, at home made with a coffeepad machine.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Fredjo said:

But it's as important as an elven arse so...:D

Don't belittle elven arses, they're very important! Not only they're clean but elven arses ... well, uh, nevermind.

• KhemrikharaKhemrikhara Member Posts: 14
    American coffee is confusing...

What we call a Cappuccino in Australia is a shot of Espresso coffee mixed with steamed frothy milk, served hot. "Espresso" doesn't describe any coffee you can order - we would call that a "short black".

Australia is weird, I gather.
  • AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269
    Erg said:

As someone who doesn't live in Italy (only visited once), I'm encountering more and more places that serve either 2 (which is still good) or 3, but they have the odd habbit of putting a small glass of water next to it... It's weird. But either way, I've seen the quality rise steadily over the past years. You just have to know where to go.