Skip to content

Unable to complete Rasaads 4 Trials [SoA]

I appear to have failed "the truth" part of the four trials and can't progress the quest further. Is there meant to be a way forward for someone who fails the trials, or is this cut off forever now?

Is there a CLUA command I can use to re-take that portion of the tests?

Comments

• tithintithin Member Posts: 31
    Bump because this is holding up my progress in the game :(
    Unfortunately I don't have pre-trial.
    @gate70 - seperate reply because I'm not sure my reply alone would have been enough to summon you :)

• MaylanderMaylander Member Posts: 74
    Yes, I noticed this bug as well. Luckily, I reloaded the game and re-did the trial. If you have any savegames in the area, I recommend that approach for now so you can continue your game.
    Gate70 said:

@tithin it's good practice to make a named save every so often, especially when there are known issues.

I've had a look at your save, the only thing I could see is global variable OHR_TIMER_VACATE_TEMPLE but it doesn't seem to make any difference for the stage your save is at. So I can't work out how to go back.
    and I'm not sure I have found a good way forward; it sort of works but not perfectly.

Have added a variable;OHR_RASAAD_TFT with a value of 2- this seems to skip the conversation choices inside (2 is the choice of helping the Master of Combat). You can either try this or wait for someone else to come up with a better solution - don't see why you can't return here after doing more of SoA.

Unfortunately I wasn't aware there was issues to be honest, I don't swing past here terribly often. That being said, I had a look at the save file / loaded in game and the entire area inside is completely empty. IE, there's no one inside the map at all anymore which is really bizarre. Did you do anything else inside there?

As an aside, I appreciate the help you're giving!
    Maylander said:

Yes, I noticed this bug as well. Luckily, I reloaded the game and re-did the trial. If you have any savegames in the area, I recommend that approach for now so you can continue your game.

Unfortunately not, I was only relying on Auto and Quick saves to be frank. If I've locked myself out, that's really too bad, and kind of disappointing.
    @gate70 as above..
  • FlowFlow Member Posts: 21
    Hi everybody,

I hit the issue yesterday as well. I failed one of the trials and it was not clear to me that I really failed one...
    TIP: Save before each room in case something goes wrong.

So here is what you have to do:

- room of light: You get attacked by 3 Shadows you only need to beat all of them.
    - room of pain: You need to take hits. A lot of hits. After ~10 hits you get asked for your name. Then you passed the test. (stoneskin or ironskin help by this one a lot if you are low on health)
    - room of truth: You need to reveal a secret. You can either reveal that you stole money from Gorion and blame Imoen or tell that you are a child of Bhaal.
    - room of ??? (top left one): You need to confess for somebody else. My answer that got accepted was that the monk wanted 20gp so my life gets improved.

Each room gives you an item on success. If you do not get one you answered wrong. I did not find any way to redo a trial except for the room of pain.
    So I figured out how to progress the game. simply attack someone, and the combat master monk will show up and confront you.

Good luck folks..