Skip to content

Aerie, I like you, but I don't "like" like you

So, I think Aerie is hitting on my Charname...

... my FEMALE Charname.

I've had three or four dialogues with her now that I don't remember ever having with her before, and what I think is her lovetalk theme song is always playing in the background. Also, she seems to be getting very ... attached to me.

I'm assuming that this isn't standard behavior. I have no mods installed, and I'm currently in a "committed" relationship with Rasaad. Has this happened to anyone else?

Blue

Comments

• CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited December 2013
    Not to me, but I've not had her in my party the whole time while playing EE.

She's young, for an avariel, and inexperienced so maybe she's exploring a bit... although I don't know how you'd explain what happens in ToB. One of Neera's wild surges, perhaps.

A brief look at her banters shows she should only start if you meet the conditions to be a match ( Global("AerieMatch"."GLOBAL".1) ), which I assume includes being a male.
    Post edited by Coutelier on
  • ErinneErinne Member Posts: 151
    Can't say anything like this has happened to me, but you can probably stop it by setting the AerieRomanceActive variable to 3.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    why stop it? i doubt she interferes with rasaad :)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    In fact, she doesn't!
  • LathraelLathrael Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2013
    Mental note: Be careful about wild surges if you don't want a wannabe-jerk-knight gets the idea and start hitting on your male character...
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    Lol I remember the first time I slept with Aerie (in my party) in BG2:EE she started talking about men hogging the sheets (I was a female character). I had never gotten this message before and it is really weirdly flirty haha. It made me want to romance her as a female tbh. I'd love to have a grabby sleepover with her.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    I had a couple romance talks mistakenly fire off in the place of regular interjections from some party members, perhaps you're experiencing the same. Dorn recently got all lovey-dovey with my char name who had already rebuffed him and was with Viconia. It was quite awkward.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    XD I got the Aerie talk when you change into the slayer while sleeping once.... instead of the Anomen one XD
    XD
  • BlueSorceressBlueSorceress Member Posts: 84

Lol I remember the first time I slept with Aerie (in my party) in BG2:EE she started talking about men hogging the sheets (I was a female character).

I'd never gotten this dialogue before either. The first part is voices, so I wonder if it was something that was broken in Original Recipe and the team fixed it.
    Backstab said:

I had the same issue, then in Throne of Bhaal I got in a fight with Kiser and once I was prepared to leave Aerie pounced me with a sex talk and was given no option to back out of. Then she raped me on top of the corpse of Kiser, inside his blood-spattered house, while catapult rocks were falling all around.

What I'm trying to say is that you should never trust an elf. Send her back to the circus before she pilfers your blankets, rapes your daughters, and dispels your haste.

O_O

That's so, so wrong.
  • LathraelLathrael Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2013

Backstab said:

I had the same issue, then in Throne of Bhaal I got in a fight with Kiser and once I was prepared to leave Aerie pounced me with a sex talk and was given no option to back out of. Then she raped me on top of the corpse of Kiser, inside his blood-spattered house, while catapult rocks were falling all around.

What I'm trying to say is that you should never trust an elf. Send her back to the circus before she pilfers your blankets, rapes your daughters, and dispels your haste.

O_O

That's so, so wrong.
    And so, so right at the same time xD
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    Not the same as yours, but I did have a really weird romance experience.

I decided to try out the Dorn romance, then later in the game I added Viconia to my party. Immediately she says I've been getting very close to him, and that because of that, we're through (even though we were never together).

The next day, she starts going through her regular talks, but they don't stop there... she continues into the romance, even though she turned down our imaginary relationship. Then she asks me to sleep with her. I made some extra saves to see what would happen... after I slept with her, Dorn made no mention of it whatsoever, and whenever future encounters would call for your romantic partner to speak, it would be Dorn, not Viconia. In fact, her romance state was at 3 the entire time, even when she was asking for sex. It was a really weird experience.
    XD She's your buggy valentine
    edited December 2013
    I'm starting to regret that none of this weird OOC romance stuff has happened to me. Cupid's arrows have sadly struck true, or not at all... maybe I need to get him drunk. Or is there a faerunian equivalent? I should get them drunk.
    XD that sounds hilarious!
    Or just put in a quest that's basically one of those sci-fi/fantasy type plots where some mishap causes everyone to act drunk all the time, or randomly fall in love. Much hilarity ensues, Viconia and Aerie start making out... fun for the whole family.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Coutelier said:

Or just put in a quest that's basically one of those sci-fi/fantasy type plots where some mishap causes everyone to act drunk all the time, or randomly fall in love. Much hilarity ensues, Viconia and Aerie start making out... fun for the whole family.

Minsc and boo O.O
  • BlueSorceressBlueSorceress Member Posts: 84
    What horrors have I unleashed?!?
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    Madhax said:

I had a couple romance talks mistakenly fire off in the place of regular interjections from some party members, perhaps you're experiencing the same. Dorn recently got all lovey-dovey with my char name who had already rebuffed him and was with Viconia. It was quite awkward.

awkward turtle moment.
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    LiamEsler said:

Now I kind of want to make it so that if the party is permanently drunk, you can multiromance.

DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    XD Best explanation for how the party got captured EVER!
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    oh lord have mercy on these posters. One of the best reads yet :)
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    lol. nice thread yes :)
    ..Oh oh.. i hope my stud will not get the same kind of things with pale Rasaad now..not sure he will be able to survive that one.... metaphorically, of course, metaphorically... 2013 EE progressive twists ok, fine, but all the same, dudes..... no, not with a monk too damn... and the worst, is that i would even have the feeling that they could even enjoy doing that possible too lol... 'hidden prog features'... :*D