Skip to content

#7335 [CORE] - Bugs with Otiluke's Resilient Sphere.

MasterHiggsIIIMasterHiggsIII Member Posts: 13
edited December 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Observed: Jaheria and Keldorn have innate 100 fire and cold resist.
Expected: Jaheria and Keldorn have no innate resist.

Not sure why or when this happened. Noticed the effects during Umar Hills quest a bit after rescuing Mazzy.

Expected: Remove target from map protecting them from damage and preventing them from any further actions
Observed: Turns target invisible allowing them to still move around, gives permament 100 fire and 100 cold resist, allows them to attack and interact, and lets party members have a chance to save.
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Well, as a druid Jaheira should get a certain amount of fire and cold resistance at higher levels... A save game file would tell me why they have the resistances If you could upload one.
  • MasterHiggsIIIMasterHiggsIII Member Posts: 13
    Here ya go
    edited December 2013
    It would seem my dragon disciple has the same innate 100 fire and cold resist at level 11. It is a multiplayer game and my friend plays the dragon disciple so I assumed it was correct for his character but looking over the bonuses it would not appear so.
    Odd. Looks like all three have innate 100% resistance to fire and cold. I was actually expecting the resistance to be coming from an affect but that is not the case... No clue how that happened... Were all of the affected characters controlled by your friend?

If you want I could quickly remove the resistances and give your save back to you so you can keep going.
    I think I'll just do that anyway...
    Thanks. No he only controlled the dragon disciple, and for a very short period Minsc. If its not too much to ask may I ask how you removed it in case it happens again?
    I used EEkeeper, a save game editor that is available here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-2
    UPDATE: Resilient Sphere is the culprit. It sets your fire and cold resist to 100 and does not remove after the fact.
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the info! I will double check that this is the issue and report it. 7335
    Post edited by Tresset on
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Uuuuum, I thikn I'll memorize that spell and cast it on my PC who has 29000+ of Arrows of Detonation (literally, I cheated, I am testing, so I don't care :P).