Skip to content

Your most memorable moments of BG, PS:T and IWD *SPOILERS*

2»

Comments

• AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    edited December 2013
    For me, the most memorable moment in Planescape Torment is, during my first game, back when the game got out, reading that special moment when you get to kiss Annah and she wraps her tail around you.

There's also countless great other moments in Planescape : Torment. Man that game was a masterpiece
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    I have a confession: I have not played Planescape Torment.

I bet you anything when I finally get around to it I'm gonna pretty much cream myself over it multiple times. I'm big on the story-driven RPGs that just plain suck you in.
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    edited December 2013
    *IWD SPOILER*

My favourite moment was probably in Icewind Dale where Polequin turned into Belhifet...

I was so pumped and ready to fight this cleric bastard after weeks of pursuit through Dragons Eye and Dorns Deep. I had so many great weapons (but not so many spells) ready. Then he turned into that huge creature :|

I just about shat my pants XD

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Quartz said:

I have a confession: I have not played Planescape Torment.

I bet you anything when I finally get around to it I'm gonna pretty much cream myself over it multiple times. I'm big on the story-driven RPGs that just plain suck you in.

I'm actually a little jealous.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Fighter/Thief and vampires.... Bad results, hey, I have 0 THAC0, and my Fighter level is also in 0??
    AAAAND, with 1 APR, -7 THAC0, Lirlacor, he slated 2 Vampires while he was at Thief lvl1 and Fighter lvl0 (it should be -1, but there are no negative levels :P), and that was pretty epic, against the vampires in Firkraag's Dungeon, and I went to Athkatla after this, came back with all the lvls recovered, and the I went to Athkatla again to sell stuff, my first BG2 run where I have more money than 900 GP in chapter 3.
    @jackjack
    jackjack said:

I assume you mean you'd like to play it again with a wiped memory?
    @Quartz whi won't :P the story is amazing man, you don't discover who is the final boss at the start like in ToB.
    Quartz said:

@jackjack

jackjack said:

Precisely.
    jackjack said:

Quartz said:

@jackjack

jackjack said:

Precisely.
    Nice. Yeah, I feel the same way about Icewind Dale and Legend of Dragoon. Though IWD's Severed Hand still gives me chills. God they did good with the atmosphere in that game.
    edited December 2013
    Quartz said:

God they did good with the atmosphere in that game.

No argument here. God do I love IWD.
    jackjack said:

Quartz said:

I have to play IWD :P
    @CrevsDaak
    CrevsDaak said:

jackjack said:

Quartz said:

I have to play IWD :P
    My advice to you: Immerse yourself in it. Don't multitask with that game. While it's similar to the BG series of course, the atmosphere is its strongest point. Furthermore, while the plot is certainly not deep, the *lore* is. The amount of detail that went into some things is kind of ridiculous and seemingly random. While some aspects of the game feel a bit unpolished, other parts feel like the developers went above and beyond. Good stuff. I'd also advise making a very fully-realized team by fleshing out a short biography, that can certainly add a lot to your gameplay.
    Agreed. There is simultaneously more freedom and responsibility, (maybe that's not the right word), to roleplay your party - the two go hand in hand, I feel.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    And if you really have trouble with the no bantering or party talk, don't forget the Icewind Dale NPCs (hosted at PPG for IWD, and at Gibberlings 3 for IWD2). Then you can have the beautiful Icewind Dale world and lore with bantering characters and romances if that's your desire.

Memorable moments... most of mine come from PS:T, to tell the truth. I could probably 'memorable moment' that whole game. From the very starting introduction with Morte and Dhall and the zombies to the very last conversation and battle in the game. Some of my favorites were interactions with Dak'kon on the circle, romance interactions with Annah, interactions with a certain ghost you'll run in to quite a few times, interactions with the Pillar of Skulls, interactions with the three faces of prophesy (a certain fiend, a certain night hag, and a certain angel), interactions with poor doomed Ignus who I always loved a bit too much... er, let's just say lots of interactions everywhere.
    @Jackjack @Quartz I have planned three different groups, one of six gnomes, all with the Jansen surname and names like Grandma Jansen and that, Uncle Scratchy.... Then, a group of vicious dwarves ale-addicts, searching for the holy groundhog but working as Bounty hunters. Then, a group of Elves and half elves with a Chaotic Good behavior, they want a world with Balance, no law, no chaos, then I don't have much more ideas.
    @Twani I felt the same with PS:T, still, I want to play IWD as a Dungeon Crawler-type of game, and as @Quartz says, with more lore than story, I like it that way too.
    @Crevsdaak - those first two runs both sound like a blast.
    @jackjack I think I should record the one with the gnomes and upload it to youtube, really, it will be very funny.
    I would watch that.
    @jackjack @Quartz
    Still, I have to get IWD, and I'll need time, then, yeah, it will be amazing, Jan's family saving the day, wonderful!!
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Memorable moments...

P:ST - So many! Meeting Ravel, Morte's joke about the old man and the witch, "Don't Trust The Skull", having to watch the Transcendent One tear through my companions, using the Mark of Torment in the final battle, giving Deionarra peace at last

BG2 - Killing Firkraag with a Finger of Death at the start of the battle, double-crossing Ardulace and Phaere, staking Bodhi

BG:EE - Meeting Baeloth in Larswood
  • Midget_GemsMidget_Gems Member Posts: 8
    My memorable moment also involves a party of 5 Gnomes:

No epic feats of power-gaming for me, it was the moment I finished IWD after weeks of struggling with the weakest party ever (no kidding). The "Suicidal Gnomes" finally completed their no-level-up adventure.
    OK, I don't know how this happened, but it comes to be that you don't have the same psiconic immunities that in vanilla... and I don't know how he ended -18, weird...