Skip to content

Your most memorable moments of BG, PS:T and IWD *SPOILERS*

CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
My first run of BG2 had lots of amazing moments, one of them, I was fighting against the Shadow Dragon, Anomen was lending his armor to Mazzy, I wasn't low level, I DIDN'T HAD A SINGLE GOLD PIECE!! I had like 900 or fewer gold at this time (fuck you Gaelan Bayle and the shadow thieves) so I was doing more quests to buy a full plate armor for Anomen, because he is a knight idiot gave his armor to Mazzy, Charname was in the Traveller's Robe Aerie had, and Hairy D (Haer'Dalis) had a, um, well, he had +2 Chain Mail of the Dead.
After some months, I won the game, and a week ago I installed Ascension, and I wanted to give the final battle a try, but before doing so, I installed SCS too. Mazzy got chunked by Yaga-Shura after getting at 21 Hit Points by Illasera's arrows (I think she is the deadliest one, 40 DAMAGE WITH A BOW DAMNED BAATOR!!).
Then, no one could even stay alive, but Charname had a trick in his sleeve, Ur, I mean, he had a Chain Contingency set :P but no one died, their Hit Points are over 200!!! (at least for the fighters).
But running with the Staff of the Magi didn't save him from the Anger of the Five or either Sarevok, again, damn Illasera for being so tough and Balthazar for having DISPELLING FISTS, still I can't beat them (only tried two times :P) I found this moment of feeling beaten amazingly noobish, and Ascension is a mod worth to try.
But even the PC was dying, then, he won't welcome oblivion, but HE WAS GOING TO DIE! And I couldn't save him :P There was no way to save a M/T with 15 HP and with no protection from those warriors, not to mention that he was dumb enough to sleep in the middle of the fight, he was feeling bad, so he did so.
I think I will go to give this yet another try!!!
Post edited by CrevsDaak on

Comments

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited December 2013
    I've opened a similar thread in the Italian Area, I've posted my last encounter with Firkraag, that was EPIC! ;P

No cheese, no specific difficulties, just my lvl 12/14 party (Human, dualed Fighter/Cleric CHARNAME) and him.

The fight was not a "one shot one kill" fight, nor my NPCs survived at all: but the events sequence was AWESOME! ;D

I've even wrote down a narration of what happened, then posted a screenshot: this one. :)

Something tells me that CrevsDaak took inspiration from my thread...XD
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2013
    @Metalloman your right XD I saw it but I don't know a single word in italian :P still, I understand little, enough for "drogo il'ombra" and some other things :P And I liked the idea a lot, and since all in the english section are in Archive I created a new thread.
    And you should have waited one level more to have and extra half APR.
    Ahahah! It's said "drago d'ombra"! ;)

Anyway, glad you liked this, I hope many people will post their epic experiences, maybe with some screenshots-of-the-awesome in attachment.
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    @Quartz That's what we call Critical Existence Failure.
    @Quartz more Epic Jan Jansen here, gnomes are better than traps, unless they set them.
    And one of the most epic moments, when my first BG2 PC got his first HLA, I felt so proplayer, but I was some sort of noobish.
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    Recently I'm playing a multiplayer in bg2ee with some friends. I had a level 8 inquisitor with no proficiencies in axe take down the lich by the city gate using azure edge.

I'm trying to minimize my metagaming for the sake of the other 2 people I'm playing with. But that was pretty awesome/lucky.
    I have recently killed Kangaxx.
    Walking boldly at him with me wielding the Mace of Distruption and Minsc with Azuredge.
    Kangaxx fell down just by the beatings, as the undead insta-kill ability of the two weapons didn't activated... o,O'
    I took no screenshot as I was somewhat disappointed... It was like having a torch and walking in the dark without light it up... :/

Also no one of my NPCs died, there was me with Protection from Magic on and Nalia beside me whacking the Demi Lich with the Staff of Magi for uber dispelling meanwhile Kangaxx wasted all his spells on me.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

I have recently killed Kangaxx.
    Walking boldly at him with me wielding the Mace of Distruption and Minsc with Azuredge.
    Kangaxx fell down just by the beatings, as the undead insta-kill ability of the two weapons didn't activated... o,O'
    I took no screenshot as I was somewhat disappointed... It was like having a torch and walking in the dark without light it up... :/

Actually, its more like taking a torch into a tunnel containing a creature that is instantly destroyed by light, not having the torch light and instead using it to beat the creature to death.
    edited December 2013
    I was talking about an object with a certain feature that is not working ;)

Not that those weapons are bugged, they work properly, simply in that fight the undead insta-kill chance was against me
    @Metalloman I think Kangaxx is immune to those weapons' insta-kill in the EE, I attacked him wit the Mace of Distruption +2 in the vanilla game, and he didn't save, so he got vanquished, I think it is like this so you can't get the Ring of the Gaxx two times like in the old version, it is one of the "exploit removers" of the EE.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Most memorable? Beating the series for the first time and turning down the Throne of Bhaal so I could stay with my romantic interest (I think it was Jaheira).
    @Motresor_SP hey, I also turned to mortal the first time, but now, evil overcomes, there will be a new Lord of Murder!! And, even more epic, in Planescape Torment, solo farming UnderSigil with 25 Wisdom is amazing, every time I get in I make one Mage level, actually I'm lvl19, and the first Greater Glabrezu I killed dropped Aegis of Torment :D, since then the only thing they drop is CP.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Quartz said:

So this happened the other day.

And that's why Gnomes are better than Dragons.

And it took you THIS long to realise @Quartz ?
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    @CrevsDaak: Absolutely, PS: T remains THE game for playing a truly evil character! You can do it in the BG series but you can't play as thoroughly depraved as in Torment. Selling Dak'kon into slavery, killing Trias after promising to spare his life, stuffing Morte into the Pillar of Skulls ... >;-)
    @Montresor_SP yeah, also you can be a truly benevolent character, even much more than in BG, since Lawful Good in PS:T gives waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more bonuses that being good in BG, but I did what I thought it was right to do in PS:T, since I don't think giving the Modron Cube to Coaxmetal as an Chaotic Evil act, I did it to help HIM, since I realized how I was being revived in the moment Ravel told me so, and I think Coaxmetal was very good with me, he gave something that could kill me if I find a maze-like thing to aisle myself from the planes, and that comes to be, the Fortress of Regrets. I will keep on farming until I give TNO a DEX of 21 and a STR of 20, since he is a mage he has 25 in other abilities since Curst or Carceri, and the CHA bonuses in the game are amazing, Sebastion gives you some and then a girl in the Brothel of Intelectual Sluts in the Clerks' Ward increases you CHA by other point.
    Still, I never realized that you could gain more thing by replying "Power" to Ravel, since I didn't realize she loved TNO and didn't cared about the others dying, and she was too proud to even try to destroy you, even your "flaws" since the ritual, and the story of the "Second Incarnation" Morte tells to Yves :P That was waaay awesome, since it felt to me like ancient mythology of some sort. And the "Practical Incarnation" story was nice too, it was, after the Nameless One, the incarnation that was nearer to accomplish its goal, that reains unknown, still I have to go to the FoR, to see what awaits me there.
    And, I know this was very spoilery, but don't tell me the ending, since I really want to see it with my eyes, and, remember "justice is blind, but I am her eyes".
    edited December 2013
    NOOOOO, NORDOM, NOOOOOOO, MOOOOOOVEEE, NOOOOOW!!!!
    And, after ages of farming Carceri, it is time to pick up everything and to search for a place to rest, wait, you can't rest in Carceri! oh, dammit, I've beaten Trias with Adder's Kiss and Missile of Patience... Then I forgived him, but I didn't knew Vhailor was going to kill him, seems like cheesy, because I picked up his swordie, a nice swordie!!
    EDIT: Whoops! I posted an image that was totally random, sorry :/
    edited December 2013
    Annah making a Crit. Hit on a Larval Worm, I thought a G. Glabrezu had spawned there, but, not that time, and since wasting a possibility of backstab seemed wrong to me :D
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on
    edited December 2013
    @Metalloman @Quartz you've wasn't the only people that killed Firkraag in a memorable way.....
    When I exited Canldekeep after killing Gorion....
    When I shapeshifted with Limited Wish into a Mind Flyer to battle the Githyanki in the Black Pits 2, ironic...
    I once tried playing a Druid...
    @Montresor_SP after farming UnderSigil and emptying it (Just kiddin' :P), my M/F/T 31/9/6 decided to go to the FoR, he gained some levels with a particular sphere...
  • ZalsonZalson Member Posts: 103
    My most memorable moment will always be reading Gorion's letter in Candlekeep for the first time.

Everything made sense: why my character was being pursued, why he got special abilities, what Gorion had been fleeing from. I had to re-read the letter a few times, much like the character himself would have had to do.

It was the greatest video game experience I have had.
    Yo, Crevs, did you ever get the Heaven and Earth mace? I got multiple copies of practically every damned drop from those Glabrezu, but I still never found that damned mace. ='(
    @Eademonium no, they only dropped me ONE SINGLE THING: Aegis of Torment, and it was the first, and the last, thing they dropped. There is only a 0,25 of getting Heaven and Earth, so, I can't help you much more than that, and edit the saves, or, or USE THE CLUA!!! (if you didn't knew, CLUA can't be enabled in PS:T, it tells you a hilarious wall of text that amazed me).
    90% of that XP are Larval Worms, kill em' with Cloudkill, and they give 8000 per kill, with 25 WIS >:D HEHE!
    edited December 2013
    I knew it had a ridiculously low drop rate, but I ended up with like… 4 Zero Rings, 5 Aegis of Torments, somewhere between 3 and 6 of that wrist-shield thing for Grace and like 2 of the super rare punch-gloves for Annah. My whole party was like level 50 something and TNO had 25s in practically every stat. I deserved that goddamn mace. At least I had my Hammer of Celestial Fire.

Also, you spelt my name wrong.
    edited December 2013
    Noblewoman- Morale failure: Berserk

o,O' ?
    @Metalloman YOU'RE BACK!!
    @Eudeamonium the name I spelled sounds cooler, and I didn't want to farm so much, I was pretty over powered for that time, so I went to the end! And I've done something incredible: I killed my own mortality :P
    Naah, I merged with it, really >:D
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, I'm back! ;)

*Bad To The Bone intro suddenly plays...*

However...I didn't noticed I was gone...was I?o.o
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    PST when my wife asked me to play more so she could learn how the story progresses instead of complaining about the time I spend on the computer with those silly games.