Skip to content

[Known 7107] Viconia

CactusCactus Member Posts: 152
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
In Drow City, Viconia suddenly stop and continue to repeat oneliners ... She talks so much she cannot move more than one step at a time, no QUICKsaving is possible.

Edit: Save possible,,,
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• CactusCactus Member Posts: 152
    The behavior seems triggered by talking to Phaere after killing Solaufain...
    Yes I can do that :)
    There it is...
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Gate70: The question then is whether this is a bug or not. I wouldn't expect the oneliners like this to fire continuously, however given that it seems to correct itself...
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @LiamEsler: Since we have quite a few of these issues already reported, do you want us to open another bug on this specific instance, or do you want to assume one of the others already open will take care of the problem and mark this as a Dupe?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Dupe :)
  • KozzyKozzy Member Posts: 4
    Was there a solution to this problem ? i keep getting the same bug when i get Viconia to join my party. She keeps repeating one liners continuously and is unusable.
  • zunamizunami Member Posts: 42
    I have a similar bug, but it wasn't triggered in the underdark, rather upon recruiting her, she immediately starts to bombard me with her "selection dialogue" and so forth, and does not shut up again.

I have tried letting the game run for over 45 minutes while I went and did something else, and I'm not entirely sure what caused this issue. When I initially rescued Viconia, I had forgotten she was found in the Government district and refused to let her join. She agreed to meet me later, and when I reached chapter 6 I decided it was time to go pick her up.

Leaving the graveyard district doesn't solve it.
    Combat doesn't solve it.
    Killing and resurrecting doesn't solve it.
    I attempted tampering with several of her globalvariables, but that did not solve it either.

I had a similar problem with Anomen in a previous install of the original game, that was caused by a mod altering a global variable that caused him to bug, and the solution was easy, simply correcting the right global variable.

The direct source of his bugging was that the the messenger that starts his personal quest kept spawning where ever we went, sometimes there would even be more of them, and they would walk up to him, which prompted him to freak out.

I noticed Viconia turns towards my PC when she starts her gibberish, as if she is trying to initiate dialogue, much like the messenger was, causing Anomen to speak.

With Anomen, it was possible to gain a brief moments respite by clicking him around a few times and fleeing the messenger, but it was always a brief victory.

With Viconia, I am unable to do this.

I suspect the reason Viconia acts this way is because when she initially offered to join, I actually accepted, but when the reform party menu opened, I removed her (easiest way to avoid them being insulted), but at the time, I had recently completed a bunch of quests that had caused my reputation to go quite high. High enough that I reckon she'd boot herself, but she never had the option to.

I suspect she's trying to initialize this dialogue, but can't because my reputation is now lower, but I'm not sure. This is just my theory.

I have no idea what caused the issue for the topic creator however, they seem quite different, but with a similar outcome. The bug sounds similar to the bug Kozzy is reporting.

I can also report that spawning a new Viconia doesn't solve the problem, even though she actually acts like we've never met in the game before, so there goes my theory!

This bug must be caused by something else...
    I do have a very similar problem. I did not however attempt to recruit her until chapter 6 , and i accepted her immediately after rescuing her off the stake.
    In every possible scenario tho as soon as she's in the party this studder bug occurs and she keeps being prompted to speak, not always to the PC as well, could be any of the NPCS as well.
    Either way I've tried waiting it out and it hasn't affected anything.
    Is there any console commands or anything at all that correct this ?

edited December 2013
    Heres a save file
    What exactly do you mean by "best results"? :p
    The bug is triggered as part of the Viconia romance. I killed Solaufein in Ust'Natha. The bug is triggered after the killing, when talking to Phaere. The attached .zip is just before the bug is triggered. Hope this is helpful :)
    It's worth mentioning that I didn't kill solaf-what's his face.
    Gate70 said:

@Cactus I will raise an issue based on this. Could you advise whether you force attacked Solaufein (no conversation or conversation option 3), selected dialogue 1 (die) or 2 (sorry but die) so I can add to the issue.

I didn't force-attack him, Ihad a conversation first, but I don't remember exactly which option I choose. It must have been either 1) or 2), if those are the ones making him hostile :)

I can report that this fixed the issue for me. If it helps further investigation: My character slept with Phere and as mentioned did not kill Sol-whatshisface.

I'll try using the clua console to advance through every step of the romance to tell you if there are issues with it for me.
    The romance seems to be disabled as a result of this
    Setting the same global variable (phere innuendo) to 1 or 3 causes both Jaheira and Viconia to bug out in the same way, setting it to 4 (and I suspect any number above holds is the same) didn't seem to produce a result at all...
  • ByteRiderByteRider Member Posts: 1
    zunami said:

Setting the same global variable (phere innuendo) to 1 or 3 causes both Jaheira and Viconia to bug out in the same way, setting it to 4 (and I suspect any number above holds is the same) didn't seem to produce a result at all...

I set the PHAEREINNUENDO variable to 0 and that seems to have solved the problem.