Skip to content

([BG1] Bugs) Varci/Lothander/Marek/Tenya/Jalantha

2»

Comments

• KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
    @Balquo Integrated
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Bhryaen, @Balquo

Could one of you move this one to Unconfirmed please?
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    edited September 2012
    @KeithS
    This one is so close to being finished. It just needs a journal entry if you complete the quest from pickpocketing.

// Adds journal entry if you complete the quest from pickpocketing. COPY_EXISTING ~ar0115.bcs~ ~override~ DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~EraseJournalEntry(26793)~ ~AddJournalEntry(31188,QUEST_DONE) EraseJournalEntry(26793)~ COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

@AndreaColombo
    The following needs corrected as it didn't get put in correctly via the code and I think you adding this directly is the best option right now. This is exactly what Dave wrote in the previous page. It is mostly the titles that need to be added, but there are a few other things.
    #1827 "Tremain's son
    I have retrieved the child's body from the Umberlee Temple. It was a stroke of luck that Tenya was there, though I feel no better about being used before."

#6332 "Tremain's son
    It is Tenya who rules at the Temple of Umberlee! Our past association has not softened her demeanor, and it does make me wonder how they would treat a stranger! At least I recieved the child's body."

#6354 "Tremain's son
    It is the child priestess Tenya who appears to reign in the Temple of Umberlee. While I received the child's body, our fleeting acquaintance did not benefit me, and I do not think I should return."

#6355 "Tremain's son
    It is the child priestess Tenya who appears to reign in the Temple of Umberlee. While I received the child's body, it was not without bloodshed. She turned on me, and I was forced to kill her."

#6356 "The Temple of Umberlee has offered me sanctuary if required. I do not know which is more unnerving, that they have made the offer or that I might need to accept it."

#31188 "Marek and Lothander
    Through the use of trickery I managed to obtain the antidote from Marek. I believe it best to avoid him in case he realizes what happened."
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    All of the above are fixed. Translators should be made aware.

@Aedan @Kangaxx @christof @cherrycoke2l @La_Voix
  • kangaxxkangaxx Member Posts: 681
    I don't see how #6356 has changed. Have you forgot to assign a title?
    edited September 2012
    @kangaxx "(the Water Queen's House)" has been removed. Otherwise it is identical.

Another thing, are we assigning titles to non-quest journal entries, such as #6356?
    edited September 2012
    I think all journal entries should have a title of some kind. But I'll settle for only the quest entries.

EDIT: I'll also move this to Confirmed Not Fixed until KeithS can make the last little fix.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    @Balquo @Tanthalas Journal entries don't need a title. Only quest/done quest entries.
    So basically, it just needs the Journal entry that Balquo mentioned for this to be complete.
    @Tanthalas The only thing that needs to be done is the little bit of code above. All journal stuff has been fixed by AndreaColombo
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Potentially fixed - @Balquo's fix has been applied
    @AndreaColombo
    The script has been added but some of the text is still slightly wrong.

#6332 remove "(the Water Queen's House)"

#31188 It should read:
    "Marek and Lothander
    I managed with the use of trickery to obtain the antidote from Marek. I believe it best to avoid him in case he realizes what happened."
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Fixed #6332.

#31188 already looks like that on the Google doc.
    Additional journal fixes need to be checked in the next build.
    Confirmed fixed.
  • FinniganFinnigan Member Posts: 10
    Thought you should know the Lothander & Marek quest is still retaining it's old bug from the original release. After finding Lothander in the market and having the appropriate conversation with the Diviner I went to the temple of Umberlee an was told to retrieve the tome of wisdom from the Temple of Tymora. I did, but told the Umberlee priestess I didn't, murdered her, got the geas removal scroll anyway. I go to the Blade and Stars and Lothader is nowhere to be found.
    @Finnigan Was Rasaad in your party?
    He is, my apologies if that has been mentioned in this thread, I'll confess, I skimmed.
    @Balquo Also, thanks for the swift reply, much appreciated.
    @Finnigan There is a bug with that. If you go back to the Blade and Stars Inn and remove Rasaad from your party then Lothander should appear. I've mentioned it already with the developers so hopefully they will get it fixed as soon as possible.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,852
    edited February 2016
    In my game I did the Tenya quest first. The priestesses went hostile but I escaped unharmed. Then given the Lothander/Marek quest. Got sent to the hall. priestesses hostile. No-one I could talk to. Killed them, nothing on their bodies. Game breaking bug I'm afraid.

EDIT

Sorry, I wrote that too soon. Went to Lothander then Marek. Bug has been sort of sorted.
  • VeritatumVeritatum Member Posts: 1
    new edition to your bug. If you enter the temple of Umberlee before recieving any of the quests and speak to the priestess by the door and say you're tourists, Jalantha will not spawn. Go and get the quest from Lothander and return and there is no way of speaking to Jalantha.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,852
    Finnigan said:

Thought you should know the Lothander & Marek quest is still retaining it's old bug from the original release. After finding Lothander in the market and having the appropriate conversation with the Diviner I went to the temple of Umberlee an was told to retrieve the tome of wisdom from the Temple of Tymora. I did, but told the Umberlee priestess I didn't, murdered her, got the geas removal scroll anyway. I go to the Blade and Stars and Lothader is nowhere to be found.

I know this is a bit of thread necromancy, but others may well have the same problem. If you speak to the Diviner, you MUST speak to Lothander again outside the tent for him to spawn in the Blade and Stars. He can't simultaneously be in two places at once. This happened to me and it was ages before I twigged what was wrong.