Skip to content

[DUPE] *SPOILER* Underdark quest "freed phaere", Soulafein bug

MarirouxwanaMarirouxwana Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Not An Issue
Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum, tell me if I do/did something wrong about posting about my issue(s).
I'm not english, so, apologies for language mistakes :x

Here is my bug : I'm in the Underdark, I was doing the first quest in Drow City (something about freed a drow called Phaere in the Ilithids base). Soulafein is near the entrance of the Ilitithids base. So I cleaned it, and when I came outside and talked to him, he just can't stop sayin : "My mind is occupied with thoughts of the future and i have no time for idle chatter."
I killed the pack of enemies just after the bridge when you go to the Ilithids base, and then speak to him (and Imrae i think, not sure, but she left now), and go inside.

I went on those topic :
- http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/20428/bug-solaufein-wont-free-phaere-under-some-circumstances
- http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/258273-/57485791
maybe some others too, I tried some CLUACONSOLE but nothing worked.

Can someone help me so far ?
If you need more, just ask me, I'll do my best, want to finish this game :x
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• MarirouxwanaMarirouxwana Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2013
    Just watched a video of the quest, I didn't have a fight with Soulafein against Ilithids before entering their base :/

edit : found "CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("UDPHAE01")" on the net, it works, but she don't want to speak to me T_T

edit : used a cluaconsole with "phaerejob" and put 2 or 3 at the end ... I moved on in the quest ... maybe it's "fixed" ...

edit : killed a beholder with Phaere and Soulafein ... but they are both bugged again ... T_T
    Post edited by Marirouxwana on
  • IjimekkoIjimekko Member Posts: 12
    I have same problem. Please, fix this problem!
  • mrlansmrlans Member Posts: 5
    I have the same issue, but with above consol help I cannot solve the issue. Anyone knowing how to fix this?

edited December 2013
    edit: This is the first time a start to read about bgee in the forum and just because of the bug. No problem with other parts of the game. I also noted when reading that there was a patch so I applied the patch and run the console again and it worked. So for now it is fine.
    Post edited by mrlans on
    Thanks, as I edit my comment you can see that the new patch fixed the problem together with the console. No I did not rescued Phaere, this part did not trigger and Solaufein was just standing there and the quests did not continued. I explored every area before I could conclude that I was fully stuck and this made me cover all open areas without having any active quest. I hope that this will not make any problem for the quest to run along as it should.

What do you mean by the Korgan thing?
    edited December 2013
    Greater! Thanks for the explanation! When the topic is on I just want to ask how long I need to wait for the beholder quest to start. I have just finished the bug part but I do not find Solaufein / Phaere when giving the task to meet them at the southeast part of the city for the beholder issue?

edit: My mistake, I was at the wrong area of the city. I was told that the beholder was on the chip so I assumed that I should wait here.
    Thanks for the quick help and the support. I hope that you did not remove any of my loot in the save ;). I guess that I can continue and finish this game some time into the next year.

Have a good new year!
  • Gest0Gest0 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I've got exactly the same problem, Soulafein keeps saying "My mind is occupied with thoughts of the future and i have no time for idle chatter." in front of the Ilithids base.
    I'm playing with an ipad and I tried to download the game to my laptop and use there the ee keeper, the problem is that I don't have the game in the laptop and I'm not able to make it work.
    Do u know if is there any way to use ee keeper with the ipad or in a laptop that doesn't have the game installed??
    The attachment contains a save with the problem.

Thanx in advance!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited March 2014
    @Gest0 here I'm attaching your save. You'll have to exit the Mind Flayer city, after that you just have to talk to Solaufein and done.
    @Gate70 I just removed SOLNOTALK1 as you've said in other thread.
  • Gest0Gest0 Member Posts: 2
    Thanx mate!!! it works