Skip to content

Pre-installing BGEE

jaloopayjaloopay Member Posts: 3
edited September 2012 in Site Resources
Does anyone know whe BGEE will be available to pre-install? The Baldur's Gate website says: "Pre-load the game to get it first." When is This available? given of course that i have pre-ordered it.
Post edited by Coriander on

Comments

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    BG:EE isn't currently available to pre-load but it will be made known when the time comes. The game is released on Sep 18th, so pre-loading will come a few weeks before that.
  • jaloopayjaloopay Member Posts: 3
    Thanks
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    but...but....it's a few weeks before that, like ummm, 4 or 5? i want to play some bg:ee......
  • eainterplayeainterplay Member Posts: 55
    Probably be available 5-14 days before release.
    geez, i hate being patient
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Bjjorick said:

but...but....it's a few weeks before that, like ummm, 4 or 5? i want to play some bg:ee......

Well even preloading it will not work until launch day so you'll have to wait anyway :)

mlnevese said:

Bjjorick said:

Well even preloading it will not work until launch day so you'll have to wait anyway :)

geez for real? i was under the impression that preloading was like a demo, you downloaded a decent part of the game mechanics, and a handful of maps and got to sorta beta test it.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The only advantage of preloading is not having problems with heavy server traffic on launch day.

The only data you'll need to download after preloading is the unlock file/command/whatever they use.

If Blizzard had that huge trouble when Diablo III was launched, imagine the limitations of a much smaller company as Beamdog.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    mlnevese said:

Bjjorick said:

Oh man...
  • Freddy_FarawayFreddy_Faraway Member Posts: 2
    It's... It's mere days before release!
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Not long to wait then ;)
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    There we shall go... adventuring at the lands of the Sword Coast.

I predict an iron ore crisis.