Skip to content

Possible to make an immortal character?

2»

Comments

• kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    You should just look at it as an opportunity for your DD to take other HLAs. It's just another perk of the class that you already have a more powerful Hardiness. They'd also be a bit boring at lower levels with a nerfed defensive stance.

In any case, there's definitely no good reason for it to stack with Hardiness. More than 100% resistance is cheese. With the Defender of Easthaven you can already get up to 90% resistance buffed.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Just create an item that makes you immune to the various auto-death effects such as "power word kill", "disintegrate", "death", "slay", "imprisonment", etc. while also setting your minimum hit points to 1.

Please note that this will drain much of the enjoyment out of the game--where is the challenge when you know that nothing can kill you? Good for testing things but that's about it.

If you are going to do that then you might as well create an item that gives you immunity to the opcode "damage"--you will never even be hurt but you still run the risk of instant death effects, unless you give yourself immunity to those, as well.
  • TidusTidus Member Posts: 86
    best npc for resistance/immunities is hear'dalis, no doubt.
    tiefling racial traits give him some by default and my last play trough I pumped him with gear like:
    cloak of the lich (+50% cold and electricity)
    fire control ring (+50% fire)
    batalista passport (+40% fire)
    harper pin (+100% electricity)
    the frost's embrace (+50 cold)
    belt of inertial barrier
    he'd actually been healed by 3 elemental forces!
    despite that and a good AC (-4) he was still dead almost every fight I had him on the front lines because of his lack of hp unless I casted PFMW first and this kind of immunities didn't prevent his action from being stopped by the hit, so I'm currently running a slow experience play through just waiting to kick him out...
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    edited December 2013
    I'm not sure it's possible to wear Jan's armor in EE, even with UAI. At least it wouldnt when i tested it earlier, but I could have done something wrong
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125

I'm not sure it's possible to wear Jan's armor in EE, even with UAI. At least it wouldnt when i tested it earlier, but I could have done something wrong

You can't due to a script.
    Only Jan can, unless you change your char script with NI or edit Jan's armor :)
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    There's actually a .2d file that controls who can equip or not-equip certain special items. It think its itemuse.2da or something. If you use NI to delete the entry for Jan's armour then you should be able to use it once you get UAI.
  • NightmareNightmare Member Posts: 20
    I have actually made Viconia pretty close to immortal with legit gear she gets healed by all element attack except acid rarely gets effected by magc (80% resist), immune to control effect

That's wierd I have used Jans' armor and the Harper Pin with UAI is there some update that I don't know of? I bought the game off steam and haven't changed/added/removed anything
  • triclops41triclops41 Member Posts: 207
    It's easy to make a character an immortal. Just take a crippled Templar, put him in an exoskeleton with twin phase disruptors and hardened shields.
  • vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212

As far as I can tell, the highest physical damage resistance you could get would be to play a Barbarian with the DoE, and use Hardiness. That would give you something like 90%? resistance to physical damage.

Dwarven defender + rat form (cloak of the sewers) means >100% to all physical resistances

• bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Yet a mindflayer can still mind-rape you to death.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    bbear said:

Yet a mindflayer can still mind-rape you to death.

Protection from magic weapons
  • JarlealeJarleale Member Posts: 114
    edited January 2014
    Not entirely immortal, but my gnome F/I was pretty damn close when I equipped him with dragon scale shield, cloak of the lich, helm of the rock, ring of gaxx, ring of fire control, amulet of power(?, reduced casting time, neg plane prot) and belt of inertial barrier.

THAC0: -10 (w/ answerer)
    AC -8
    120 % fire (20 % from hell trials)
    120 % cold (20 % from hell trials)
    120 % lightning (20 % from hell trials)
    25 % acid
    25 % poison (+ immunity Gaxx)
    50 % magic damage
    30 % magic resistance (10 from hell trials, 5 from machine of Lum the mad)
    Immunity to +1 weapons and below (Hell trials)
    Casting immunity to magical weapons = immunity to physical attacks
    Immunity to death effects (Cloak of the lich)
    Regeneration

Saves around 2 to -1 (around -6 with potion of invulnerability)

Weakness: Breach, dispell, acid (could use prot. spell/scroll), magic damage

Might there be weapons, boots or armor that gives additional protection? (I guess there is an armor offering acid resistance but prohibits spellcasting.)

If I remove the shield and use dual-wielding belm and gauntlets of extraordinary specialization, I get 95 % fire/cold/lightning resistance, 5 attacks/rnd (10 w/ imp.haste), -5 AC.
    Post edited by Jarleale on
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Jarleale said:

Not entirely immortal, but my gnome F/I was pretty damn close when I equipped him with dragon scale shield, cloak of the lich, helm of the rock, ring of gaxx, ring of fire control, amulet of power(?, reduced casting time, neg plane prot) and belt of inertial barrier.

THAC0: -10 (w/ answerer)
    AC -8
    120 % fire (20 % from hell trials)
    120 % cold (20 % from hell trials)
    120 % lightning (20 % from hell trials)
    25 % acid
    25 % poison (+ immunity Gaxx)
    50 % magic damage
    30 % magic resistance (10 from hell trials, 5 from machine of Lum the mad)
    Immunity to +1 weapons and below (Hell trials)
    Casting immunity to magical weapons = immunity to physical attacks
    Immunity to death effects (Cloak of the lich)
    Regeneration

Saves around 2 to -1 (around -6 with potion of invulnerability)

Weakness: Breach, dispell, acid (could use prot. spell/scroll), magic damage

Might there be weapons, boots or armor that gives additional protection? (I guess there is an armor offering acid resistance but prohibits spellcasting.)

If I remove the shield and use dual-wielding belm and gauntlets of extraordinary specialization, I get 95 % fire/cold/lightning resistance, 5 attacks/rnd (10 w/ imp.haste), -5 AC.

I would use Cloak of Mirrors for the full magic damage immunity and off hand hindo's doom instead for this set up... Actually that would be close to what I'm doing except I'm using Kundane (Jaheira has Belm). Since I use the cloak I also use a different helm, switching between Roranch's Horn and the one that casts sunray. Sometimes offhand with Defender of Easthaven. Plenty of Hardiness to help with physical too.