Skip to content

A bit of exciting non-EE news...

LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
Thanks to funding from Film Victoria, I'll be taking a break from EE work next year for 3 months to work in Irvine, California with Obsidian on Pillars of Eternity.

Exciting times. :D

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    I'm not sure I can say much at this point -- hit me up after the game is out! :D
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    When you do go over there, make sure to brandish a mighty RP stick!

Slap them with said stick repeatedly if they are not making -proper- NPC's, with stories to tell, backgrounds to learn of and all the good stuff that made sure BG2 is still the king of the hill, for all things concerning party npc's!

Also congratulations on being brought on board on what is arguably the most anticipated RPG currently in development!
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    Awesome! :D
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    LiamEsler said:

Thanks to funding from Film Victoria, I'll be taking a break from EE work next year for 3 months to work in Irvine, California with Obsidian on Pillars of Eternity.

Nice Liam! Eternity is one hell of a worthy project, and is definitely my most anticipated game, period. Congrats on being selected for this!

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Doing a bit of corporate spying, eh, Liam? Maybe taking a good look at the Eternity engine for your own nefarious purposes, maybe? Making a copy or two, perhaps? Eh? Eh? Don't worry, mate, I won't tell.

:P

Best wishes!
    LiamEsler said:

One thing I don't understand... the "thanks to funding part". Won't you be getting paid for this, or is this pro bono, i.e. to build your resume?
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Liam this is VERY exciting news, I backed PoE during KS campaign and I'm waiting with more and more excitement for the release. You're sooo lucky, that you'll be working with such a fantastic team:) Good luck!

Say hello to Chris Avellone from me, I love his work since I played PST back in '99:)

It's a little shame that you will have to abandon BG1NPC Project for a while, but I hope @cmorgan and the others will carry the torch and make it finally happen:) Cause...i just can't play BGEE without it, and I REALLY want to play it:P
  • cmorgancmorgan Member Posts: 707
    If someone doesn't pay Liam, they are an idiot. And I am unanimous in that. (Except I don't have cash, so I can't pay him :D ) Great news!
  • civian1991civian1991 Member Posts: 57
    Congrats @LiamEsler that's awesome! I know the project will be better for having you on board!
    Oh cool @LiamEsler. So for PoE it's basically just a bonus. Can only mean good things for the game (though probably less good things for the BG1 NPC Project :P )
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2014
    So how is/was the experience?
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Yeah @LiamEsler show us all the juicy stuff:) I need to know if my preorder money will be properly spend:P
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Cats. Cats are awesome.
    'Nuff Said.