Skip to content

Black Pits - Dogar and Kazon (Floating Lich Skulls)

2»

Comments

• IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    But how come HLA Dragon's Breath doesn't work either? IIRC Implosion doesn't work on Kangaxx who's also immune to every spell level; it's been a long time so don't take my word for it.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I don't claim to have first hand knowledge, I'm just guessing. Maybe they have 100 % fire resistance like the Ravager...
  • symmetricitysymmetricity Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Posted in another thread, will repeat here...

I was able to quickly beat the pair by using the gift Minotaur Statue, enraged Tyras, the archer and some strategy...

1. Summon the (enraged) Minotaur immediately in the center of the arena, to meet the liches as they move in. Minotaur can't land hits but is immune to imprison as is Tyras and distracts the liches.

2. immediately put Tyras into Enrage, equipped with The Burning Earth sword. You MUST send Tyras into the center arena immediately after Enrage in the first few seconds to meet the liches and contain them in the small area with your summoned creatures to spare your archer. Haste him once he's there with Zeris from a distance.

3. Tyras, in the center of the arena with the Minotaur, does repeated single point damage by executing greater whirlwind attack over and over. Archer Vidania way off to the side with rapid +4 arrows deal a lot of single point hits.

4. Also threw a bunch of summoned creatures...Monster III and skeleton warriors into the center where the melee is contained, to confuse the liches. Keep the rest of the party busy summoning.

No cheese! Ipad version of the game. Was over very fast!
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    Power word kill is the fastest way to kill demiliches. Does 25 damage to them. Not sure why, though
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    This is due to how certain spells affect Demi-Liches :
    Immunity to Magic (Su)

A demilich is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells function differently against the creature, as noted below.

A dispel evil spell deals 2d6 points of damage, with no saving throw.
    Holy smite affects a demilich normally.
    A power word kill spoken by an ethereal caster deals 50 points of damage to the demilich if it fails a Fortitude save (with a DC determined as though the spell allowed a saving throw).
    A shatter spell deals 1d6 points of damage per two caster levels (maximum 10d6), with no saving throw.
    Since there is no Ethereal spells in BG, I guess they just halfed the damage instead.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    edited April 2014
    Holysmite hurts demiliches? Then Aerie can take Kangaxx from the beginning of SoA
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    I don't know how much was translated over to D&D, however. It should hurt demiliches, but I have no idea if it does.