Skip to content

App is already running

YigitYigit Member Posts: 3
Hello guys!

I downloaded BG:EE via steam 30 minutes ago. After it finished,i tried to open it. But I got "BG:EE has stopped working" error. After that i tried to open it again but this time steam said "app is already running". I checked out the task manager but nothing was there about steam or bg:ee. I tried to verify the files, deleting the appcache and clientregistry.blob, rebooting system but none of them has worked. Can you help me please?

Thank you :)

Comments

• YigitYigit Member Posts: 3
    i tried reinstalling/downloading but it's all the same.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Yigit,

Could you inform us as to your system specification?

This is a known issue for dozens of games on Steam (Google search), and no one seems to be able to point to a definitive cause. Some of the issues are reported to be related to hardware, while other are report it to be sound or graphics related.
  • YigitYigit Member Posts: 3
    I fixed that problem. Im sharing now so everyone else who is having this problem could try this solution:

Here's what I did. I went into the Control Panel, then System, then "Advanced System Settings". Under the "Advanced" tab go to performance and click on "Settings". Add the BGEE.exe to the list of exempted programs under "Turn on DEP for all .... except...". And then start the game from its folder. Done.