Skip to content

How to block online play

daddyodaddyo Member Posts: 2
Hi all. I just got the beamdog version, thinking of having the family play. But I want to block online playing for them, just play locally through wireless LAN. Any suggestions on what IP or server listing address to block so that nobody can even see the online servers, given that some of their names are a bit graphic?

Thanks!

Comments

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Create a password... then only those that know the password can join.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I don't think there is a way to set it up so that you are blocking the listings of games (I'm assuming its the game names that is the problem). You could just set it up to play using Hamachi and the TCP/IP protocol. But setting that up is going to be more work.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Depending on what Firewall software you use you can set permissions so that Baldur.exe can only see IPs in your local network and set a local TCP/IP game.
  • daddyodaddyo Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. I'm trying to block all online server listings for the game so they can't ever try it. I've tried blocking beamdog.com/net, haven't blocked the right port on the router yet.
  • SivenSiven Member Posts: 11
    I'd think that any kid of the age that could appreciate Baldur's Gate would have heard things twice as bad (or more) at school (probably daily) than anything players of BG could come up with for a server name. If not, holy sheltered batman, they're gonna be in for a rough ride. I find BG community to be fairly respectful overall, it's probably not something you really have to worry about.