Skip to content

New thief companions powers...

I'd like to have some info on how Hexxats powers work and what their effects are but DON"T want any (untagged) spoilers about her quest line.

TIA

Comments

• RedWizardRedWizard Member Posts: 242
    Dominate : as per the 5th-level wizard spell, and she gets more uses of these as she levels up.
    Blood Drain: drains 1d4 CON from a target and knock them unconscious for 5 rounds, save vs. Death negates both of these.
    Children of the Nigh: Summons some creatures depending on level. 1-10 = 1d4 rats. 11-20 = 1d4 wolves. 21+ = 1d4 shadows.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited January 2014
    Her domination ability is pretty much identical to that of the wizard spell of the same name.

Her summoning ability summons 1d4 creatures dependent on her level.
    lvl 1-10 is rats, 11-20 is wolves, and 21+ is shadows.

As for the other ability... Let me figure it out and I will get back to you.

Ok; I think I understand her drain now.

Upon casting a save vs. death is required to avoid losing 1d4 constitution. If that save is failed another is required in the next round, this time at a +3 bonus, to avoid another 1d4 con loss. If that save is failed then the next round a final save is required , this time at a +6 bonus, to avoid the final 1d4 con drain, Like Illithid brain drain, this ability kills a target if their con goes below 1. Only animals and humanoids are viable targets for this ability. All others are immune. I am probably wrong in some way here.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Awesome - a character with useful perks!

(looks over at Minsc under rage and shakes head)

Thanks for the replies!
    One more question - does her resurrection continue to work automatically as long as someone in the group is in possession of her BOH? Is there a time limit or anything like that on it?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Well I think the only timed thing is how long it takes her to regenerate and come back out. I know that if you try to cast a resurrection spell on her it will fail so just waiting for her to fix herself is the only way. She should automatically come back as long as you have her bag. I don't know how long it takes though.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    It takes 8 hours game time, she fezzes once without resting when I left the game running I paused by mistake.

It's actually rather annoying not being able to res her in a big fight though, I was trying to do the SCS ust Natha and couldn't bring her back.
    Interesting she died in the undead battle in the first room of Korgans quest - we finished it and I'm pretty sure she popped back into the group as we exited the area (back to the main Graveyard) - maybe she rezzes faster in the grave yard with all that dead energy around LOL.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Minsc rage is good, specially if you have Keldorn in the party. Keldorn help minsc to take control of his rage ability.

For a vampire Hexxat is a bit disappointing. Where's the level drain ability? balance it and make her always buffed with an percentage of X% to level drain at hit. Shouldn't the devs make some roleplay use to her blood drain ability? She should use it at least once at each day (or 3 days or something like that) to simulate a true vampire, one that need blood to survive.

Innocent people killed with the use of the skill shoudn't harm reputation unless there's witness around when she use the ability.

Well these are suggestions to make her a bit more tolerable :)!
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Hexxat resurrects after one (1) hour in-game time.
  • JarlealeJarleale Member Posts: 114
    edited January 2014
    In one of my playthroughs, in the fight against
    Szass Tam
    , Hexxat was killed normally, and I was able to use Rod of Resurrection on her. I guess this was a bug.