Skip to content

Which BG2EE NPC mods are OS X compatible?

Hello,
looking for a thief mod NPC mod (well, any new NPC mod for a change...) for OSX.

Fade is supposed to be OS X compatible but I get an "Bad CPU type in executable" (Maverick, 27" imac with Core i5 processor).

Who else is out there and working under OS X?

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Many older mods may have an "OS X compatible" version, but that doesn't necessarily mean BG2EE compatible. Fade, for example, was last updated in 2007. Since that was 6 years ago, I'd be fairly certain it's not BG2EE compatible. From your error message, I'd also guess that Fade's weidu installer is for PowerPC CPUs (what Macs used in the past), not Intel CPUs.

Here is a list of BG2EE compatible mods: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23726/bgii-ee-compatible-mod-list/p1

• SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    @AstroBryGuy Ok, thanks, didn't see the date on Fade, just assumed OSX = EE since I am not aware of any mac version.

I know the EE comoatible list and tried several but gave up to install them on OSX. In none of the cases I got the install script after unpacking, others require weidu which I don't really want to mess with at the moment etc. Hence my question of what works with EE OSX preferably non-weidu.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    There were Mac versions of BG2, back in the day... ;-)

Most mods are WeiDU mods. It would be almost impossible to write an NPC mod without it.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Guess I will have to tackle it at some point after all then :) I just saw that a lot of poeple were having problems with it.