Skip to content

Anyone tried the Dace mod? Can't get it to install

Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
It says I don't have Throne of Bhaal installed. Any suggestions?:)

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    You should report it to @LiamEsler
    I'm sure he'll fix it and upload the new version once he has a minute to spare :)
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    @LavaDelVortel done it already:)
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    @JosefineS - hmmm strange. I'm not sure why the mod does not install. It should work on BG2EE and vanilla BG2. You may open the tp2 file and delete this line:
    REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~bg2ee tob bgt~ @65

Buuuuut I would wonder why it does not work right now.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @JosefineS What version of BGII:EE are you using, and what platform?
    @LiamEsler I guess I have the latest version of the game since I've installed the latest patch? I'm on windows 8 64bit.
    @JosefineS Steam, Beamdog, or a different platform? :)
    @LiamEsler Oh hehe, I bought it AT beamdog, does that mean I'm using their platform or something? :P don't even know what steam is... ;)
    @LiamEsler Soooo do we know whats wrong yet? :)
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    @JosefineS
    Are you sure you are using the latest version of Dace?
    edited January 2014
    @Wisp I believe so, Dace 1.3 ?

There is no link to this version (on the Dace-website) where the other versions are, but it's the large green download button on the top right, yes?

(If it is of any importance whatsoever), I had installed two mods before Dace:
    -Adalon's blood
    -Arath
    @JosefineS Unfortunately I can't find the issue -- it should all be correct, and works correctly on my installation.

I'd suggest just taking @LavaDelVortel's advice and removing the offending line. That will allow it to install. :)
  • vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212
    Isn't Dace one of the vampires in Bodhi's guilt? I looked up this NPC thinking it was him. Seems a little silly to give an NPC the same name as a pre-existing character
    @vangoat The author had forgotten about that Dace (not a part of Bodhi's guilt, but he is a vampire with a tiny role in Spellhold), but it's covered in an interjection, so it's not ignored :)