Skip to content

#7429 [RASSAD] - Rasaad Romance TOB Bug - Rasaad keeps repeating same dialogue?

AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
edited January 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I've completed Rasaad's TOB quest, but now he keeps repeating the same conversation about not being able to sleep. It seems to be initiated every few rest cycles. How can I stop this/move on to the next LoveTalk. I have killed Yaga Shura and now attempting to do Sendai's Enclave. I don't know if I'm missing a trigger or anything. Help appreciated, thank you.

Edit: including save file now, just in case
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    I am having this problem as well. Thanks for any help, and my apologies if I did the zip file wrong.
    Okay, I have tried it by making an override folder directly under Program Files (x86) / Baldurs Gate II Enhanced Edition. I have also tried putting the override folder as a subfolder of the data folder. Assuming I unzipped your file correctly (it's a BCS file, right?) it did not work in either situation, unfortunately.
    Yes! It was giving me some grief about protected folders. I thought it let me do it anyway, but maybe not properly. Thank you for trying.
    Hey! I just figured out there is a 00783 folder under data, so I tried an override folder there. (No protected folder trouble, either!) It appears to have worked! I will let you know if things change, but I've rested multiple times and I haven't heard a peep out of Rasaad.

Thanks so much for your help.

Jen
  • critter42critter42 Member Posts: 2
    I had the same bug, and used the fix uploaded by Gate70. It worked... but I'm starting to think it worked too well. I unzipped the file, then started playing from just outside Yaga-Shura's lair. Right after we killed Yaga-Shura, Rasaad had his trouble sleeping once, so that worked properly, but I've killed Sendai and hacked my way through Abazigal's lair to within 2 feet of the dragon him(her?)self, but Rasaad hasn't said anything else.

I'll keep going and see if he speaks up at any point, but I think the fix broke the rest of Rasaad's romance. :/
  • patenttipatentti Member Posts: 2
    I have the exactly same problem as above but I'm running the mac version, any help? :)
    Yes, Rasaad didn't say anything else to me for the rest of the game either. Also, at the end, his epilogue is as if my character had decided to remain mortal, even when I chose to become a god. (It's a pretty cool epilogue, though. ;) )
    I set that OHR_TOB_PLOT to 9 and it gave me another dialogue! (It was at 2, and my save was in the final battle).

Thanks!
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Gate70 That'd be a question for @Miloch or @AlexT. :)
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    The OHR_TOB_PLOT values are intended.
  • HumbleScribeHumbleScribe Member Posts: 10
    Apologies for threadliching, but I've searched the archives here and haven't found a straightforward fix for this that I can implement myself - I'm having the same issue, ignored it because I assumed it would go away once I found some trigger, but I'm about to fight the final battle and it would be a shame to miss the rest of the Rasaad romance, if there is one. Save attached.
  • HumbleScribeHumbleScribe Member Posts: 10
    OK then, sod you. I just asked a question.
  • GentblueGentblue Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2014
    The workaround is to set RASAADTOBLOVETALKS to 6. Obviously there is a bug that stops it advancing somewhere. I'm using the Mac version 1.2.0
    Um. Doesn't work. The boy needs Nytol!
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,880
    Until this is fixed the options are;
    1 Put up with him speaking after each rest.
    2 Dump / silence him.
    3 Unzipping this file into your override folder might help but keep a save from before doing so if you decide to try it.
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    What's an override folder and where is it? :P
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,880
    The override folder should be in the same location as your game executable (or would need to be created there if it doesn't exist).
    Cheers