Skip to content

What Is The Best "Weapon Setup" Statistically?

2»

Comments

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    If you want to open that can of worms, then it's probably something like a Kensai>thief dualed at an absurdly high level, shapeshifted and misled and using Kai and Tenser's Transformation and GWW. I don't think any enemy has that much HP so it's mostly academic... maybe Yaga-shura could handle it with his super damage reduction?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited January 2014
    Corvino said:

I honestly don't see why people are thinking F/M/Ts are going to the best damage dealers. They cannot get either grandmastery or the additional damage bonuses that a number of other classes (Kensai, for example) get.

Bah, I'm out of this conversation. In a second someone's going to suggest dualling a Kensai to thief at level 24 and my will to live will evaporate.

Nah get another fighter HLA out of it. Dual to thief at level 25!
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    Rhyme said:

I'm pretty sure this is very close to the right answer, actually. Against enemies that aren't immune to backstab, the best damage combo involves multiple backstabs per round (I think it's possible with Staff of the Magi; I KNOW it's possible using Mislead), with the Staff of the Ram (though zur312 mentioned the Iron Golem fist, which sounds familiar and is probably better).

Nah, you can't backstab with Staff of the Magi. You can however turn invisible, run away, switch to Staff of the Ram, stealth, run back in and backstab again.
  • RhymeRhyme Member Posts: 190

Rhyme said:

I'm pretty sure this is very close to the right answer, actually. Against enemies that aren't immune to backstab, the best damage combo involves multiple backstabs per round (I think it's possible with Staff of the Magi; I KNOW it's possible using Mislead), with the Staff of the Ram (though zur312 mentioned the Iron Golem fist, which sounds familiar and is probably better).

Nah, you can't backstab with Staff of the Magi. You can however turn invisible, run away, switch to Staff of the Ram, stealth, run back in and backstab again.
    You wouldn't want to do your backstabbing with the Staff of the Magi for damage reasons anyway. The question is whether the invis immediately drops when you switch weapons to the Staff of the Ram. Stealth shouldn't ever have to come into the equation, since invisibility is just as good (better). If switching weapons cancels your invis, then the Staff of the Magi doesn't work for our purposes (quick google confirms this is the case).

So yeah, it's all about backstabbing with Mislead. There's your massive damage output.
  • HandofTyrHandofTyr Member Posts: 106
    Was the question "what's the most damage ever" or "what are the best weapons (or weapon) to use for a given character or class type?