Skip to content

New Player needing Stone to flesh scroll

Hi guys

Im wondering if someone can help me or tell me where I can buy the stone to flesh scroll? I cannot get past a certain point because I kept getting turned to stone I think. Or my main character is getting petrified and the game ends

Ive looked online they show some NPCs but im still unable to find the city the NPC is in

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Hello, Drekko.

Stone to Flesh scrolls are sold in all temples and they are also fairly cheap. Try to buy from the temple at the Friendly Arm Inn location or the temple that is next to (to the East of) the Beregost area.
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Try the level 1 spell Protection from Petrification, prevention is better than cure. If you're in BG2 then temples still sell them, try the Temple of Ilmater in the Promenade.
  • DrekkoDrekko Member Posts: 16
    edited January 2014
    mmm I looked for it in temples and also my current spells but could not seem to find the spell, ill look again though.

BTW im in BG1

Im using;
    Branwen
    Neera
    Xan
    Imowen
    Khalid
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited January 2014
    Also if you've found a potion of mirrored eyes use it and kill all those foul basilisks!! At least, I suppose you're in that map... ;)

EDIT: Protection from Petrification is a cleric spell, so check your cleric's (Branwen) spellbook and you'll find it.
    Thanks yeh i thought branwen would have it but she doesnt

she is level 6
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Protection from Petrification is a level 1 Mage spell. I'm not certain, but High Hedge (West of Beregost) is probably your best place to buy the scroll. Get Xan/Neera to learn it and memorise a few casts. It lasts 3 rounds/caster level, so cast it on your best fighter and send him off alone... The rest of your party can follow behind to shoot and recast the protection, but don't let anyone get closer than the protected character. Basilisks always target the closest enemy, and are pretty easy to kill once you're protected from their gaze.
    An alternative would be potions (Mirror Eyes or similar) which lasts longer and can probably be bought at the same location, or at a temple.
    There are only a 2 or 3 locations in the whole game where these guys pop up, so don't worry too much about saving potions (this is a good rule generally: special sauce = dead enemies).
    I just found some stone to flesh scrolls so ill see if i can get past this part with those thanks, and yeh i need to find that spell scroll
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Oh, guys, just realized that I've confused lvl.1 Mage spell Protection from Petrification with lvl. 3 priest spell Remove Paralisys... :/
    Sorry :P
    @Drekko
    You'll be far better off with Prot.from than with the cure... They'll pretty much fossilise anyone who comes near them, and pretty soon you've no one left to cure with!
    Also, take a look around the (western) edge of that map... There's an unusually chatty beastie who may be able to help (if you don't kill him). ;)
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    it actually sounds to me like the
    candlekeep catacombs
    the wilderness map is optional and would probably have been done at a lower level. if it is the wilderness then yes on the west edge of the map there is a bit of help for your situation. if it is the catacombs maybe just toss fireballs from out of sights or send some summons in.
    If that were the case, he'd surely be able to access the city he talks about in 1st post?