Skip to content

IPAD Release Date II

LOL, how can an important topic like this be closed ? Lets keep posting here, shall we ?

Comments

• Cthulhus_MumCthulhus_Mum Member Posts: 9
    It was closed because it was starting to look too much like a flame war. But I agree, it's good to have a thread to check when you're trying hard not to hit refresh too often on the App Store (and on twitter!)
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    I already refreshed apple store three times today... Btw, searching Baldur's Gate, you find a pretty little game called Ogre Fortress...
  • MoonbloodMoonblood Member Posts: 26
    I'm really tired of waiting. I never before had experienced a situation like this....
  • Cthulhus_MumCthulhus_Mum Member Posts: 9
    @MonoCanalla I know! And Bard’s Tale... (Not that I've been obsessively searching the app store or anything)
  • RafnerRafner Member Posts: 64

I already refreshed apple store three times today... Btw, searching Baldur's Gate, you find a pretty little game called Ogre Fortress...

Three times? Pfff, try 13 times.

@MonoCanalla I know! And Bard’s Tale... (Not that I've been obsessively searching the app store or anything)

But that one is decent xD The ogre thing is so wrong

• vladtheimpalervladtheimpaler Member Posts: 15
    Patience my friends. The App Store hasn't even been refreshed yet, but if it's not released today then I will be very very disappointed. Way beyond the usual amount of disappoint I have towards Beamdog.

Patience my friends. The App Store hasn't even been refreshed yet, but if it's not released today then I will be very very disappointed. Way beyond the usual amount of disappoint I have towards Beamdog.

When does it refresh?
    edited January 2014
    @Rafner I've noticed at around noon pacific time, give or take an hour. Since I live in Texas then it's usually 2 or 3pm.
    @vladtheimpaler Weeell... I live in Sweden. So I guess around 9-10 pm over here. Although I don't know if the european and american app store updates at different times.
    @Rafner yeah I don't know if the European AppStore is different. Sweden is 9 hours ahead of the Pacific Coast in the US, so quite possibly it won't be updated until, like you said, 9 or 10pm, maybe even later.
    In one hour will be noon in West Coast!
    This is from Trent's twitter:

I'm e-mailing people and submitting requests, so far, still confused. #BG2EE should be availble, all the buttons appear pressed.
    I don't know what 'snags' they've come across now, but this is becoming tedious and annoying.
    That tweet actually feels relieving for me. The game should be in one hour!
    @MonoCanalla we can only hope that that is what Trent means. But what I said earlier about the AppStore refresh rate is pure speculation and only based on observations I have made over a period of time. I hope I'm right again this time, but I don't want to build everyone up just to be disappointed, as I surely will be if its not released today.
  • VittordeVittoVittordeVitto Member Posts: 225

It was closed because it was starting to look too much like a flame war. But I agree, it's good to have a thread to check when you're trying hard not to hit refresh too often on the App Store (and on twitter!)

Ban the troll, but this topic is kinda like a public service.

Should not be closed.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I close threads when they become a problem. Keep things civil and I won't have to close it.
  • greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    edited January 2014
    Game submitted: 16th december
    Game Approved (after various issues): 6th january

I was looking forward to playing this on ipad, really liked their ee on ios. But I just thought about the various patching. Looking at beamdogs previous history of patching/delays, I don't know anymore.

When bg 2 ee finally get's released (if) then just imagine how long patching will take. Me and my friends are now doubting if we're gonna buy the ios version or not. At least Trent is quite active on twitter, that's nice of him.

VittordeVitt, there we're no "trolls" in that topic, only customers with various opinions.

EDIT: "liked" is not the proper world. I had a frakkin blast playing it on ipad, it felt like bg was native to a surftablet. Here's hoping android user will have a similar experience this year and not 2015
    Well the AppStore was recently refreshed and no bg2ee. I'm thoroughly disappointed.
    edited January 2014
    Right, it is not. And is so ironic that Apple is featuring a selection of Fantasy Games, including BG1:EE. Lol, WTF! That's the greatest in your face ever. Btw, some games here deserves mentioning. Dungelot, Sorcery!2, and Lords of Waterdeep seem littles games I'd play.
    This is pure

Well the AppStore was recently refreshed and no bg2ee. I'm thoroughly disappointed.

I don't know if I should laugh or ..yeah...

I'm going back to GOG (pc version)

Oh well, bg ee was great on ipad.

Thanks anyways beamdog

• themadcowthemadcow Member Posts: 19
    Dee - Never mind closing threads, be a dear and ask your bosses for a reply as to when they expect BG2 to be released and will it import saved games from BG1. People don't mind waiting, but they like to get a response now and then from the people they will be paying.
    edited January 2014
    themadcow said:

Dee - Never mind closing threads, be a dear and ask your bosses for a reply as to when they expect BG2 to be released and will it import saved games from BG1. People don't mind waiting, but they like to get a response now and then from the people they will be paying.

I've asked Trent a few times now on twitter to CALL someone responsible on apple. He's ignoring me and keeps saying he's emailing and pressing buttons.

I'm gonna ask a friend of mine (dev) if this is normal for apple to NOT give out a date when a product is getting uploaded. Also if it's normal to NOT release a game after it has been approved.

In the other hand, I am sure Oster knows better than us if is the right thing sending e-mails rather than calling.

In the other hand, I am sure Oster knows better than us if is the right thing sending e-mails rather than calling.

I hope so bro, hope so.

Posted 3 hours ago by Trent

@delta_y I'm e-mailing people and submitting requests, so far, still confused. #BG2EE should be availble, all the buttons appear pressed.
    Dear Beamdog,

Please release information to your fans regarding the near incessant delays that have seemingly plagued every day of this rather amateur release. I would like to humbly request that concrete facts are used, and not nebulous and noncommittal terms such as: "I don't know what's going on" or "We are as confused as you are". Now, BGII:EE is the intellectual property of Beamdog, so I would reasonably assume that you, as the company proper, would have proper information on said property, and we, as customers, would enjoy being enlightened on the subject matter.

Sincerely,
    Customers
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Hey guys,

The answer is pretty straightforward: We just don't know. There is really not a lot more information we can give you, because we don't have it. Trent's Twitter feed has what we know.

We're not keeping information from you -- we just don't have it.
    It's so frustrating though... I can't say I've been following the release of other games or apps on the app store, but are they usually this painful?
  • ArinochArinoch Member Posts: 15
    The outrage over a matter of days and even weeks for a port of an enhanced edition of a nearly decade-and-a-half game is blowing my mind.

It's coming soon. I'm looking forward to it greatly because I'm getting tired of the current games I'm playing at lunch on my iPad. But my world isn't being shattered because I have to find something else to do for a bit.

Boycotting and voicing genuine anger, while free speech is great, instead teaches devs just to keep their mouths shut about potential releases rather than be generous to the community and offer estimates. Why suffer the headache?

Pretend you're playing a monk in BG2 and meditate for the time until it's released. It's not worth getting angry about. Apple's a big company - who knows where the delay in the pipeline is.