Skip to content

IPAD Release Date II

Comments

• DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    From experience, any game I've followed the release of has been delayed. Perhaps I shouldn't follow game releases in the future.
    For all the frustrated people on this forum, keep your chins up. It will be released eventually.
    This to shall pass.
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    Let's take the gentleman's word. So just because Apple doesn't have a forum like this, are not clean of blame. Personally, I am sure is gonna be out tomorrow or Monday. Or next Thrusday...
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Happy to see bg1ee featured in "fantasy games" this week though.
  • RafnerRafner Member Posts: 64
    edited January 2014
    @Arinoch Well I, for one, am not losing any sleep over it. It's just that I recently (during the holidays) finished BG1 on the iPad and is currently in this crazy BG mood where, once again, I'm all over Baldur's Gate. It's a great feeling, almost like when you first played it. It's also been like 5-6 years since I played BG2 so it's not all fresh in my memory and I really want to experience it again. But the one thing that really makes me want it to come out yesterday is the fact that my upcoming semester, that begins on the 20th, is nothing but organic- and bio-chemistry... Fucking chemistry...

Edit: Oh and I should mention that the only computer I have is this tiny (and shitty) notebook with a 10" screen (or something like that) that lags if you try to play solitare on it...
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I guess no BG2EE this weekend :(
  • dwaydedwayde Member Posts: 4
    I think fans actually do have a right to feel frustrated and boycott purchase. We are not upset that the game is delayed, that is a fact of life in the gaming industry. It's that the game was submitted early Dec and we were led to believe we would be playing before Christmas. After that it was updated that the Apple store was closed over the holidays and the game would be released when it opens in early January. Those days have come and gone and still no update. I don't know the process, but I am a decent business man and that would never ever fly in the real business world. And calling as the developer for an update and not being able to get a response?? That is amateur hour my friends and I find it very hard to believe.

I bought another RPG last night after waiting now for BG2EEIPAD for almost a full month. I will not purchase this app on principle alone..for feeling misled and seeing complete failure from the developers to jump over hot coals to see some movement for their fans. I know I would have an answer for you all no matter what if it was my game..I wouldnt take silence from Apple as an answer...Trent deserves a date, how simple is that?! Not buying this game will probably be my loss, who knows...maybe Ill pirate the PC version to get redemption! (Disclaimer: user will not actually pirate the pc version and does not condone pirating software) Enjoy the game guys..I will be one of thousands who will not..and unfortunately that means thousands+ dollars missing from Beamdogs pockets. Cheers friends.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited January 2014
    I don't want to stars another flame war, as the "why isn't _____ out yet?" Threads so often do, but I will express my confusion in relation to "boycotting" a product. It's not boycotting, it was optional to begin with. The "I'm so mad about waiting for something I'm going to infinitely prolong my wait, the thing that made me so angry in the first place." Statement doesn't make any sense to me. Anybody can do what they will, even in if it seems illogical in my (admittedly so what twisted) brain.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Give them a bloody break. The current delay is entirely on Apple's side, and Apple has no obligations to estimate the release dates and explain their reasons for a long approval process to anyone.
  • greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    edited January 2014
    iKrivetko said:

Give them a bloody break. The current delay is entirely on Apple's side, and Apple has no obligations to estimate the release dates and explain their reasons for a long approval process to anyone.

How about..no?

Also looking at your previous posting history, you blatantly SPAMMED the thread Dee locked, so please don't come in here with your high and mighty attitude, thanks.

You're right though, they are not obliged to give any devs anything. But in my country we call that common sense, or decency. Fact is the game was approved, but there's no estimation of when it's uploaded to appstore.

In my private company we excpect the same treatment we give everyone else, pragmatism combined with satisfactory communications. If my company was ignored for more than 3 days without any response, we would cease our contract with the supplier immediately.

Not to mention the money BOTH parties would loose every day.......

What on earth would apple gain by NOT talking to their customers/developer besides agitation?

As a customer I want to thank LiamEsler, Dee and Trent Oster for at least being active on the communication. Please also realise a lot of us customers upholds certain standards, I honestly don't care whos to blame here, beamdog or apple. Fact is the product isn't here and there's no estimation of when it will arrive.

EDIT: Sorry for spelling, it's early here and i'm frankly tired of this whole mess
  • mumumomomumumomo Member Posts: 635
    "If my company was ignored for more than 3 days without any response, we would cease our contract with the supplier immediately." So beamdog would cease any kind of contract with apple...

Customer/supplier relation is nice when the 2 companies have the same weight. Here i am afraid it is far from being the case.

• spajdrspajdr Member Posts: 20
    I hope, after game gets online on apple store, that Trent or someone else will tell us, where was the problem. Because i would like to know, how it works on Apple, that they approve something, but not releasing it immediately or tell company or single person when game gets on app store.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    greenfish said:

iKrivetko said:

How about..no?

Also looking at your previous posting history, you blatantly SPAMMED the thread Dee locked, so please don't come in here with your high and mighty attitude, thanks.

You're right though, they are not obliged to give any devs anything. But in my country we call that common sense, or decency. Fact is the game was approved, but there's no estimation of when it's uploaded to appstore.

In my private company we excpect the same treatment we give everyone else, pragmatism combined with satisfactory communications. If my company was ignored for more than 3 days without any response, we would cease our contract with the supplier immediately.

Not to mention the money BOTH parties would loose every day.......

What on earth would apple gain by NOT talking to their customers/developer besides agitation?

As a customer I want to thank LiamEsler, Dee and Trent Oster for at least being active on the communication. Please also realise a lot of us customers upholds certain standards, I honestly don't care whos to blame here, beamdog or apple. Fact is the product isn't here and there's no estimation of when it will arrive.

EDIT: Sorry for spelling, it's early here and i'm frankly tired of this whole mess
    How about yes.

First, trying to shut me up based on my previous posts is a poor idea, especially since it is you who is teaching everyone how to do business and what common sense is, "with your high and mighty attitude", and second, if you disagree with Apple's policies, writing Apple an e-mail with your suggestions might actually work, unlike whining about how poorly they do their business on a forum dedicated to a game. The devs have done their part, so, again, give them a bloody break.

If you really want to whine for the sake of it, go whine about the lack of language support or about how poor the touch controls are. That might actualy end up being useful.
  • mumumomomumumomo Member Posts: 635
    The thread will get closed again...
    greenfish said:

...so please don't come in here with your high and mighty attitude, thanks.

How ironic... Don't get your fedora in a twist greenfish, you've already closed one thread and I'd prefer if is one stays open.
  • VittordeVittoVittordeVitto Member Posts: 225
    edited January 2014
    Dee said:

I close threads when they become a problem. Keep things civil and I won't have to close it.

Dee, everyone knows you close topics were people atack beamdog.

I have seen topics were people were way more animalistic with each other and nothing happened.

greenfish said:

VittordeVitt, there we're no "trolls" in that topic, only customers with various opinions.

Yeah, i just checked the topic and concluded what i wrote to dee above.

• ArinochArinoch Member Posts: 15
    Apple replying to people makes sense, sure, but it's not a 1:1 thing. Beamdog is one company with one voice asking questions. How many developers ask Apple for updates daily? If details are needed, does the initial rep have to contact someone else? All these things could contribute to delays on information, and none of them are malicious - just the realities of having a giant business that works with thousands of developers daily.

By boycotting bg2 you're hurting yourself by not playing something you want(ed), hurting Beamdog, who can't control their ability to get answers from Apple, and you're not really hurting Apple because this money is a tiny drop in the lake that is their daily income.

Obviously, do what you want with your own money, but to not buy bg2 because you're mad at Apple is not going to be remotely felt. Beamdog would feel it, if in sufficient number, and you certainly would feel it by not having bg2 on your iPad, which presumably interests you if you're here. Frankly, I want to buy it not only to experience the game again, but to raise the tiny odds ever so slightly that they might be allowed to do bg3.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I wonder how many people did a search for Balders Gate on the App Store after that post. I know of at least one...
  • vladtheimpalervladtheimpaler Member Posts: 15
    I hope that Beamdog never attempts a BG3 as they can barely handle BGEE on three platforms, and can't handle BG2EE on two platforms. Now granted these last series of delays rest entirely on the shoulders of Apple, but the simple fact that it took Beamdog 10 months to come out with a patch that didn't really solve many issues is enough of a reason for me to beg them to not attempt such an endeavor. I hope that some day that could happen, but I just don't see it happening.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    @Delvarian
    I can't check now.... are you searching all the possible typo combination?
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    Blame this, blame that...Dude, I just want to play.

Grrr. I am so angry...I'm gonna kill Angelo! Yeah! And then, Sarevok!

Dee said:

I close threads when they become a problem. Keep things civil and I won't have to close it.

Dee, everyone knows you close topics were people atack beamdog.

I have seen topics were people were way more animalistic with each other and nothing happened.

Yeah that's what i'm seeing as well. Also noticed aggressive people like iKrivetko seems to be above the moderator rules, he's also a spammer. But he's defending beamdog.....
    Rafner said:

greenfish said:

...so please don't come in here with your high and mighty attitude, thanks.

How ironic... Don't get your fedora in a twist greenfish, you've already closed one thread and I'd prefer if is one stays open.
    Sorry that's not what "ironic" means. Also Dee closed the thread. So if you have any issues take it up with him.

Contrary to iKrivetko outbreak of anger, i've actually mailed AND tried to call apple on various issues we've had with their policies. But clearly all the customers here are just "whining for the sake of it".

I hope that Beamdog never attempts a BG3 as they can barely handle BGEE on three platforms, and can't handle BG2EE on two platforms. Now granted these last series of delays rest entirely on the shoulders of Apple, but the simple fact that it took Beamdog 10 months to come out with a patch that didn't really solve many issues is enough of a reason for me to beg them to not attempt such an endeavor. I hope that some day that could happen, but I just don't see it happening.

I would prefer that another company runs this project.

But then again, maybe no one else will.

So i can just hope that beamdog starts to do things right. This series is a treasure.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I'm going to say one thing;

Android+BG1. Still waiting.

It's in Beamdogs best interests to get this out the door ASAP and you can bet that they will be doing everything that they can rather than just sitting on their thumbs.

Have faith.
    @greenfish It most certainly is ironic when you point fingers at others for their "high and mighty attitude".
  • vladtheimpalervladtheimpaler Member Posts: 15
    @decado I would be inclined to agree with you. It would be in the interest of Beamdog to see all of these things through, but having faith in a company that explains delays by saying 'buttons are being pressed' can be a let down , especially when feeble explanations are being used.

I would prefer that another company runs this project.

But then again, maybe no one else will.

So i can just hope that beamdog starts to do things right. This series is a treasure.
    BG 1 EE 1.2 is friggin awesome on ipad, no question about it. But looking at this forum history, there were so many promises, and let's not get started on the android version. Beamdog seems very capable when they pull their resources together. I'm not sure what the general consensu is but I actually enjoed all the DLC charaters in bg ee, they felt right.

Still worried patching on ipad bg 2 ee is gonna take a long time. Just want to buy the game and play it on my tab. Thanks to our beta testers a lof of the nasty bugs are gonna get iron out in the next incoming patches.