Skip to content

Unique Journal Bug Question (Haven't seen this particular issue discussed in any thread)

I've read multiple threads on the multiple Journal/Quest Bugs not showing up and/or not properly displaying but haven't come across this one yet.

I am playing Baldur's Gate I Enhanced Edition and like to get my party situated before I embark on any quests.

I acquire Edwin (Town of Nashkel) and Dorn (On route to Nashkel Mine) before I actually start adventuring, acquiring additional quests and before any of my characters reach lvl 2, which means technically I'm already in Chapter 3 according to the game by the time I acquire both of them.

Now when I go back to Beregost, Friendly Arm Inn and other "Chapter 1" and "Chapter 2" towns to retrieve quests, they are not showing up in my journal however in my chat Journal they will show has being accepted/activated.

So do "Chapter 1" and "Chapter 2" quests have to be accepted and finished before moving on to a new Chapter or is this just part of the "Bugged" Journal?

Sorry if this is a re-post, haven't seen anyone mention this particular issue in any of the previous threads and was wondering if anyone else has come across this particular issue or has an answer.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I am confused, so bear with me. Can you give a step-through list? Example: 1) left Candlekeep, 2) the 'old man', 3) went to the Friendly Arm Inn, 3) spoke to Dorn, 4) etc. I do not think it is possible to skip a chapter, so more information via required in order to investigate where exactly the problem is arising.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    I wonder if @PTBrennan is expecting to see quests obtained at chapter 2 to appear in the main quest log after he/she went into chapter 3 while these quests were not completed. It might be a matter of using the left arrow button in the journal to move back to a previous chapter to see those "missing" quests.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    No, quests do not have to be finished in the chapter you got them in unless there is a logical reason for it (e.g. leaving Candlekeep). As @Isaya says, you can see quests obtained in previous chapters by clicking the left arrow button on the Journal screen.