Skip to content

Minsc's hair

ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
Why Minsc's model has hair while in his portrait he's bald?

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    There is no way to baldify a character model. I imagine white was as close the hair colour palette could get to his skin colour.
    But since some npc's have colours which are not on the palette, I think this could be fixed a little bit at least,
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    The beggars are bald. Give them a purple stripe on the face and a hamster in the pocket and there you go. (Might need a bit of fattening up though)
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I meant the human male fighter model - sorry didn't specifiy.
    I've always fantasized about have boo appear as an ioun stone style graphic as well.
  • Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    I imagine this is one of the enhancements they are introducing: people have complained about Minsc's hair since the dawn of time, and they're introducing another bald character, Rasaad yn Bashir.

It seems unlikely that the developers would leave this feature unimplemented.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    The thing is, making a bald character entails redoing the animations.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615

I imagine this is one of the enhancements they are introducing: people have complained about Minsc's hair since the dawn of time, and they're introducing another bald character, Rasaad yn Bashir.

It seems unlikely that the developers would leave this feature unimplemented.

But Rasaad is a monk...and isn't the monk model already bald?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    No, Monks have hair too.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Tanthalas said:

No, Monks have hair too.

Yeah i just checked ot be sure, i accept that i was wrong...Rasaad will probably have white hair -_-;
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    I think they just need to give their hair the color of their skin, thats all.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Minsc wears a wig, but the character portrait never lies. (Viconia isn't really a drow, just a Drizzt fangirl)
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    I remember they gave Balthazar in ToB a hair color the same color as his skin. It didn't look perfect, but it did create the illusion that he was bald. Doing it required some tweaking certainly (you can do the same with ShadowKeeper for example) since the color technically isn't available as a hair color.