Skip to content

[Known 7344] BG EE 2-- Asylum First Level- Statue wont let me past!

LarelinLarelin Member Posts: 16
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Ive tried reloading and going back to an earlier save and playing through.. but it simply does not want to cooperate with me.. I just paid 25$ for this and it bugs out on me the third day playing it. I had no trouble with this type of thing on my DVD Rom version of the collection. Why all of a sudden now this game is laying an egg?
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Stone to Flesh then chop it up!
    No, but seriously, iirc you need to go defeat a special vampire in the room connected through the Southeast exit of the map. There is a huge book that summons very different tough monsters and a library that contains some of Irenicus's stuff. Then you gotta kill a special baldheaded vampire there (toughish battle) and pick up his hand, and then place it as an offering to the statue.
  • SmilgeSmilge Member Posts: 104
    This has been reported a few times but been difficult to reproduce: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/27228/head-statue-in-spellhold-not-opening

Do you have a save you can upload? Also, if you have the console enabled you can use Control-J to jump past the head but you won't get the experience associated with it opening normally. Good luck!
    do you have the hand in your inventory?
  • LarelinLarelin Member Posts: 16
    yes.. I have the Hand and the crystal.. I get the message that "the way is open" but it isnt
    Smilge.. Where can I get the save.. and yeah I can upload something if I can find it.. do I just put it in the "attach a file" in this forum?
    Im also not what you mean by a "console" it doesn't let me upload a SAV or GAM file.. please let me know what you can do
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    edited January 2014
    To open the console, you can follow instructions here : http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24795/hotfixes-workarounds-and-how-to-activate-the-console

To upload a save you have to zip/rar the whole save folder.

For your particular issue I don't know what can be done, it worked fine for me. Did you try talking to it directly?
    I'm not sure what you mean by talking directly to it. It specifically told me that the way was open and that I could pass.. I'll try to check out this console thing.. if it is sple and all I'll miss is walking through it.. I won't care really..
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    The fix in this topic should help.
    Thanks @troodon10 Im going to try @tresset s fix after work tonight ..
    Well.. @dee came through.. finally past that dumb statue.. thanks everyone that responded