Skip to content

BG II: EE - de'Arnise Romance Mod (PPG) Hang Up? Possible Spoilers!

SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
I decided to post this here rather than at, like, you know, the Pocket Plane Group forums because reasons!
Anyways, when using the de'Arnise Romance mod for BG II: EE, everything worked out fine (with the exception of Nalia having the memory of a goldfish when it comes to that Brus child...).

Well, except for when the Burwood quest is supposed to begin... I went to de'Arnise Keep to get stuff for Cromwell, aaand Teodora (Nalia's servant lady) was like, "There's some guy being sick upstairs! He's dying!". Went upstairs, dialogue happened, got two options.
I selected Option 1, which is "Oh god my girlfriend's mentor is being sick all over the floor. Get the priest of Tempus I let set up a place of worship, I don't care if he's drunk, the party's Cleric is constantly drunk on Evermead, and she's still functional come on get him get him get hiiim! ;___;".
The scene changes (fade out, fade in. Or is it "fade in, fade out"?), and then...the game hangs. ;___; User Interface does not reappear, nothing happens! Just character idle animations.
So, I reset the game, and opted to see if I could heal him (Option 2). Scene change, game hangs.
My devotion to Lady de'Arnise was enough that I was willing to wait five whole minutes to see if things would happen, but things did not happen. Game hangs.

Obviously the expected behavior is for things to happen, the User Interface to reappear, and words to happen. But it doesn't werk. Game hangs.
Burwood is stuck in a limbo of agony, and Nalia is stuck in a limbo of emotional agony. :( I am stuck in a limbo of emotional agony over Nalia's emotional agony.

Is there any solution to this? Perhaps some command I can plug in? Something I can gently tap into place in EE Keeper/Near Infinity/Ladik's MPQ Editor, root around, soundcache files? Or am I going to have to reinstall all of the things?
#BurnedMyBridgesWithNeera