Skip to content

New patch

Hi!
I've been awol for a while due to school and other shit. When's the next patch due for BGIIEE? What's going on at Beamdog HQ?
/J

Comments

• tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Great to hear. Is the possibilty to heal living targets with rod of resurrection a bug?
    Also my game is bugged with maze spells (lasts forever) and saemon bugged last playthrough and would not spawn next to the pirate ship after i stole the horn. Fix please
    No answer?
    Vacation?
  • 3leeTbger3leeTbger Member Posts: 71
    yes, an eta for next bg2ee patch would be appreciated ...

a week ?
    a month ?
    a year ?
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    3leeTbger said:

yes, an eta for next bg2ee patch would be appreciated ...

a week ?
    a month ?
    a year ?

"soon"
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    The Creators are of an Elder Race that measure time in eons...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Most of our energy is focused on Android at the moment. I wouldn't expect a patch before the Android version is released.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    This is very diapsappointing and exactly what I wrote about with the almost gamebreaking vorpal circus tent bug affecting especially new and first time players on the ipad, watchers keep still not appearing, Hexxats romance unplayable without console etc. etc. (especially on the ipad where you can't workaround with the console)

I know you are a small organization and I wish you great success but you overstretched trying to support 2 games on 4 platform and it shows with frankly unacceptable patching times in favour of new cash flow from android instead of getting 3 platforms in order.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/455919/#Comment_455919

I don't want this thread to turn into a flamewar but consider me one unhappy customer who has bought the game 2x on 2 platforms with one more purchase lined up as soon as multiplayer is fixed.
  • 3leeTbger3leeTbger Member Posts: 71
    agreed, these ee versions feel more like open source projects than retail games

and the customers - the gamers, are in roles as beta testers, even though they've paid for the product
  • markthesharkmarktheshark Member Posts: 57
    I hate to say it, but I agree too. There are a number of bugs and it has been 2 months since the last patch. The bugs aren't necessarily game-breaking, but they are significant. I would expect those bugsbto be fixed before launching on a new platform. I'm still happy with Beamdog overall, but thus decision is a poor one, IMO.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Disappointing yes, but then it's difficult to satisfy everyone when you're such a small team. Updates take a long time. I think we'll have a complete BG in a year or two. Then, I have no idea what other project OH will have in store for us (another enhancement or a new game?). Problem is with such extended periods of development time and absence of announcements people lose interest and faith in the company and its ability to deliver.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Abel said:

Disappointing yes, but then it's difficult to satisfy everyone when you're such a small team. Updates take a long time. I think we'll have a complete BG in a year or two. Then, I have no idea what other project OH will have in store for us (another enhancement or a new game?). Problem is with such extended periods of development time and absence of announcements people lose interest and faith in the company and its ability to deliver.

I don't think that's the issue per se. I mean, with BG2:EE, it's not just that the game is buggy, it's that the majority of bugs are specifically related to the new characters and their content (which supposedly justifies the higher price tag). Rather than address existing game-breaking problems for players who already bought the game, attention is being focused on launching on a new platform (as if that version won't have technical issues of its own). I can't fault anyone for losing interest/faith in future projects; Beamdog consistently fumbles away any goodwill it manages to build up.
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    edited January 2014
    This is *really* disappointing, I've kind of given up on the games now because I've done my two playthroughs I had always planned on but haven't enjoyed them nearly as much as the original because of immersion breaking bugs. In the future I will play my old CD version and I doubt I will buy any future Overhaul products, especially anything Infinity Engine related e.g. IWD:EE, because I think the devs have proven they will make a mess of it (I'm sure working with the IE is hard, but they ain't up to it I'm afraid).

I'm also disappointed by the lack of attention that seems to be given to the 'Feature Requests' section of the site. Admittedly a only small proportion of those ideas are feasible/a universal improvement to the game, but there are some great ideas which would befit an 'Enhanced Edition'. At the moment the game is one step forward two steps back I'm afraid.
    Abel said:

If you're a small team then I don't think you should be so ambitious as to release on several platforms when you are struggling to get just one right. I've no idea what the market for the Android is like, but it can't be close to the PC market can it? Even though I have criticised Overhaul before for the quality of product they delivered, I've always said they were honest and weren't just cashing in by rehashing an old game, but by prioritising the Android development I feel they are disrespecting their existing customers in favour of cashing in.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    After the big BGEE patch, and the quick first patch for BG2EE I thought Beamdog had actually learned something, but seems like they haven't. There are very serious issues in BG2EE that should have been fixed before moving to onto the Android version. Or at the very least realize that when work on the Android version started taking so long to put that on hold for a bit, compile a pc patch, and then move back to the Android side.

I quit playing BG2EE midway through because I finally realized that there really isn't much reason to play a buggy version of BG2. With much poorer, and buggier, mod support than vanilla BG2. Bought both BGEE and BG2EE both directly from Beamdog store, and Steam, just to support them. Not going to bother doing that with any further releases.

Judging from Android progress update @Dee posted it seems like they aren't even close to be being ready with that version. I guess we would be lucky if Beamdog graces us with BG2EE patch before the summer. I really would have thought the whole tying the renderer to the much needed BGEE patch, and having that cause a 9 month wait would have thought you guys something, but I guess not.

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited January 2014
    To be a little harsh, it means, they need money, and cant get them with an update to allready sold pc/ipad/mac game..

Therefor they have to get android to work..

But on the other hand, they promised android to work so they need it done..

Just my opinion...

But i trust they know what to do..
  • markthesharkmarktheshark Member Posts: 57
    lordkim said:

To be a little harsh, it means, they need money, and cant get them with an update to allready sold pc/ipad/mac game..

Therefor they have to get android to work..

But on the other hand, they promised android to work so they need it done..

Just my opinion...

But i trust they know what to do..

I don't think that's a particularly smart business practice, since I assume Beamdog would like me to purchase future products.

I really want to support Beamdog, but decisions like this make me disinclined to pre-order a game from them in the future; or to buy a game before it has been significantly patched.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239

I don't think that's a particularly smart business practice, since I assume Beamdog would like me to purchase future products.

I really want to support Beamdog, but decisions like this make me disinclined to pre-order a game from them in the future; or to buy a game before it has been significantly patched.

I mean, they supposedly have some kind of DLC/expansion pack in the pipeline ("Adventure Y"), but who the hell is going to put down more money when the core game still isn't working properly?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I am also beginning to feel a bit of the carrot & stick effect. I want to believe, but as my dad is fond of saying, I must divorce the personal from the professional. My love of the original games being the personal, my status as a Beamdog/Overhaul consumer being the professional. So far, on their own merits, I am sadly a bit disappointed. I'd love to be proven wrong, (truly, I would welcome it), but I'll not pull the wool over my own eyes.