Skip to content

What do you think about BG3?

2»

Comments

• GrifGrif Member Posts: 48
    Brand new engine as Trent said he'd never want to touch IE again after these EE's.

But that's not a bad thing if they stick to the isometic, no camera swivel, etc, rules that apply to IE.

Only I don't think they'd combine 2D backgrounds with 3D effects this time around, and if it's all 3D we'll lose out on the gorgeous backgrounds and end up with tiles. hmmm...
  • LeronisLeronis Member Posts: 112
    Baldur's Gate is a city, not a plotline. FR is a campaign setting, so you can put more stuff in this bag of holding. Yes please do recycle some art assets, look and feel, like that. Please do toss in some flashback easter eggs. A great game doesn't have to be an expensive production. Keep those costs down so BG3 is profitable - that's how we get to PST2 and so on. Less is more. Just give us quality characters and adventures like the ones we love.

http://gifs-for-the-masses.tumblr.com/post/29280521413

However please do NOT upgrade to DND 4. We already have World of Warcraft.
  • sirthaddaeussirthaddaeus Member Posts: 41
    I posted this on G3, I think both ideas could work for BG3:

I thought about it and noticed on the Forgotten Realms wiki about Baldur's Gate that there is a possibility of 2 two stories for BG3.

The first is a pre-spellplague Baldur's Gate:

"Grand Duke Valarken, along with his General Ikhal, used a band of lycanthropes known as the Band of the Red Moon to attack Baldur's Gate. His attack led to the dissolution of Baldur's Gate's policing force and the Council of Four. Nearly successful, Valarken (now going by the title of Lord) was defeated by fellow Grand Duke Portyr and the Flaming Fists. The Flaming Fists then took over the role of policing Badur's Gate"

This actually takes place within the 13 years of the end of the Bhaalspawn saga and the Spellplague according to the wiki as well.

The second is regarding the "Attack of Ikhal" (1434 - 1435 DR)

"In 1437 DR, an Amnite Spy was returning to Amn with valuable information about the nation of Elturgard, he was kidnapped but was later rescued by the Flaming Fists. However, a mysterious group called the Twilight Brotherhood gained the information which threatened the relations of Baldur's Gate and Elturgard.

The Flaming Fists were then requested by Candlekeep for the return of the Tome of Twisted Truths, written by Mage Maradros. It was stolen by a High Scribe Nithu who decided to sell it to the highest bidder. However, before he could do so, the Flaming Fists returned the tome and destroyed it.

Taking advantage of the various turmoils, Ikhal, who had rebuilt the ruins of the Werewoods into a lycanthrope city attacked Baldur's Gate. Ikhal then kidnapped Ameerah, the daughter of noble Mazak al'Azeem, for a ritual. He sacrificed Ameerah and was about to march on Baldur's Gate, however, the Flaming Fists managed to assassinate him, leaving the Lycanthrope army with no leader and causing it to disband.

As of 1479 DR, Baldur's Gate not only became Faerun's most powerful and important city, but it also once again become stable. No more is it bothered by Valarken and Amn. It maintained a positive relationship with the nation of Elturgard and the other regions in the Western Heartlands."

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Baldur's_Gate
  • DragothDragoth Member Posts: 9
    Well, I think that city of Baldur's gate is the largest city in the 4th edition of D&D. It would be very interesting to write whole new story about new charname. I would prefer enhanced Infinity engine than some 3D engine...
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    I hope that Baldur's Gate 3, or any other addition to the Bhaalspawn story never comes to exist. Baldur's Gate is that story, and it met it's completion in the Throne of Bhaal expansion to Baldur's Gate 2.

If by Baldur's Gate 3 you mean another AD&D 2.0 game using the Infinity engine that takes place around the same time as the Bhaalspawn story, but in a different area (Icewind Dale was such a game), then by all means, make the game and rename it something more fitting.

Yes on Infinity engine games in Faerun, no on trying to expand upon a story that has ended.
  • DreamDream Member Posts: 52
    edited August 2012
    As long as it's a continuation of your character's story, I'd be all for it. Otherwise it should be BG: Subtitle.