Skip to content

Amusing pictures

LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
Looking around on DeviantArt and I found this one and doubled over in laughter- "If male Justice League members had to dress like Wonder Woman…"

image by Theamat

The best part being Aquaman saying, "I've worn worse!"

Disney Males dressed up like the Disney Princesses

image by KevinBolk

If the male Avengers had to pose like the female superheroes do:

image also by KevinBolk

Male Mortal Kombat character dressed as skimpily as some of the women:

image by skyboy

"Strong female character" as portrayed by some male artists:

image by MeMyMine

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @ZelgadisGW Not fixated. I just thought these were amusing. I imagine the last knight having Dorn's voice for some reason. In the Disney Princesses, Gaston looks Fahhhh-bulous! ;)
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    LadyRhian said:

@ZelgadisGW Not fixated. I just thought these were amusing. I imagine the last knight having Dorn's voice for some reason. In the Disney Princesses, Gaston looks Fahhhh-bulous! ;)

The best part about that picture is that none of them look embarrassed either. So what if an artist decided to dress you up in princess wear? You may as well own it! XD
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    I-is that Vimes and co? Have all of my likes! All of them!
    @Necomancer Yes, it is. With Nobby Nobs, Fred Colon, Detritus, Commander Sam Vimes, Carrot Ironfounderson, Angua and Cheery Littlebottom.
    image by Stephanbyrne
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @LadyRhian‌ - to the "if superheroes-men were portrayed similarly", I liked the one with Avengers.
    "What if every male Avenger would be posing just as Black Widow?"
    This left me almost literally rolling on the floor laughing.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I love this thread, but every time I come back I wonder how much eye-bleach I'll need.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    edited April 2014
    @LadyRhian - never heard of The Hawkeye Initiative...but....it's awesome...figuratively laughing my ass off. :D
    EDIT - the dude that copies the cover poses also rocks...
    @Southpaw He's a really good writer, too. I loved the Fairytale Princesses books, where Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty team up to solve problems in a fantasy Kingdom. The First book is called "The Stepsister Scheme". image
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    That's the reason why I put everything inside a Bag of Holding, even if I have no need of doing so at all.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2014
    I feel a quote coming on .... and it's a Terry Pratchett. It may not be a picture but
    1/. It's amusing ... very amusing in fact.
    2/. It goes with the picture of the AnkMorepork City Watch (btw @LadyRhian you missed out Errol and Buggy Swires ... how many geek points does that get me :P)
    3/. It goes with the two posts immediately above this one!

From Pyramids, by Terry Pratchett
    It was a full-length mirror. All assassins had a full-length mirror in their rooms, because it would be a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you were badly dressed.
    Teppic examined himself critically. The outfit had cost him his last penny, and was heavy on the black silk. It whispered as he moved. It was pretty good.
    At least the headache was going. It had nearly crippled him all day; he’d been in dread of having to start the run with purple spots in front of his eyes.
    He sighed and opened the black box and took out his rings and slipped them on. Another box held a set of knives of Klatchian steel, their blades darkened with lamp black. Various cunning and intricate devices were taken from velvet bags and dropped into pockets. A couple of long-bladed throwing tlingas were slipped into their sheaths inside his boots. A thin silk line and folding grapnel were wound around his waist, over the chain-mail shirt. A blowpipe was attached to its leather thong and dropped down his back under his cloak; Teppic pocketed a slim tin container with an assortment of darts, their tips corked and their stems braille-coded for ease of selection in the dark.
    He winced, checked the blade of his rapier and slung the baldric over his right shoulder, to balance the bag of lead slingshot ammunition. As an after-thought he opened his sock drawer and took a pistol crossbow, a flask of oil, a roll of lockpicks and, after some consideration, a punch dagger, a bag of assorted caltraps and a set of brass knuckles.
    Teppic picked up his hat and checked its lining for the coil of cheesewire. He placed it on his head at a jaunty angle, took a last satisfied look at himself in the mirror, turned on his heel and, very slowly, fell over.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Seriously... he will...
  • TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147
    edited July 2014
    LadyRhian said:

How do our characters carry all that loot, anyway

If i really wanted to fast Travel in skyrim i could just get the giant to give me a boost...... Does not work the same way in Faerune unless that portal spell could be used. But even then the portal itself might have some nasty no more then so and so items allowed blocker. :/
    @TarotMaster Portal? There's a Skyrim Mod that adds the Space Core to Skyrim. "SPAAAAAAACE!"
  • TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147
    edited July 2014
    @LadyRhian I don't use it on the computer just on the xbox 360. Portal gun for skyrim would be interesting however....
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    @TarotMaster‌ Faerun has had space for years... Spelljammer! its even more ridiculous than you think.