Skip to content

Favorite RPG Games Per Genre (POLL)

2»

Comments

• FatalApocalypseFatalApocalypse Member Posts: 66
    unkinhead said:

How are any of these specific? They are extremely broad...I don't mind you not listing the genre's by any means, but its another thing to spout out that they are defining the game by any means in a confining way...Its like someone saying that Call of Duty Black Ops is a FPS, and you would say its not appropriate because its extremely detailed and precise classification of the game...The genres are absolute, they are not creative limits we put in front of the games...I know that i am going on way to long about something incredibly silly, but, i do have time to kill trolls..

I know all of that about each those genres, what I'm saying is that it's still useless to split them up like this, and leads to time wasting divergences based on interpretations of what each genre is or should be or what each game is or should be. Group mentality is the best way to kill things. That's why you fail at killing trolls, because you don't realize that you need to be one to do so, and even if you just did a good attempt, it's still not enough rofl

• Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    edited February 2014
    CRPG: Baldur's Gate series, Arx Fatalis.

JRPG: Breath of Fire Series (excellent games, especially 2 and 4) and Pokemon (this is actually complex and not for kids)

MMORPG: Aion: the Tower of Eternity (out of the free ones, it is the single greatest in all terms... graphics, soundtrack, combat style, things you get for free without need to pay... especially old buyers with account from before it became free, get a ton more priviledges compared to other games' old buyers, like Conan for example)

Action RPG: Castlevania series (especially Symphony of Night and Legacy of Darkness), Vampire the Masquerade Series, Blade of Darkness, Diablo 1 + 2 (3 is shit and not even a game), the Witcher series.

Those are mine, my favorites of all time.