Skip to content

Harpers Call Not Working?

Is anybody else having trouble getting the spell Harpers Call to work properly? I feel like it worked successfully the first time I used it. But Now when I go to resurrect my fallen characters, the spell doesn't bring them back and I only take damage. I feel like it may be caused from the stat reduction, the blow to my constitution will land my characters in the negatives for hit points. So I'm dragging my feet through this dungeon until I go back to a temple.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    I believe that is a bug that is currently being worked on.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Just turn on cheats and use ctrl + R, saves a lot of frustration, if you are a real stickler, only use it however many times as you have harper's call memorized. I started this playthrough using temples instead of Jaheira but then I was like, if its a bug I'm not wasting my life dealing with it, and getting a full heal res after I die is no big deal if its out of combat in a place i can rest...
  • uglyducklynnuglyducklynn Member Posts: 61
    I don't know how to turn on the cheat menu from my mac, I'm fine with waiting it out if they are working on it though. I suppose I aught to look up how to do it this one time, because I was really counting on Anomen for some support, but he got wasted before I even reached the first floor.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    @Eudaemonium knows how to do so, I believe. (Apologies if I am mistaken).
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    You need to add 'Debug Mode' '1' under program options in baldur.ini. After that its just Ctrl + Space while in the game.
  • uglyducklynnuglyducklynn Member Posts: 61
    Alright, thanks for the tip. I'll look into it.
  • vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212
    This hasn't worked properly since BG2 was released. It can't be that hard to have the spell description and Icon as Harper's call but just change how it works in the background to be exactly the same as raise dead, surely?

• SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    The Mac FAQ gives detailed info on the console and was required for me for the watchers keep workaround.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16320/mac-faq

You can also find at least two rods of ressurection, one you can buy, the other find if you do the bard stronghold quest. Had to use it just last night when Firkraag wasted Aerie and Jaheiras call didn't work.