Skip to content

Wizard or Fighter stronghold?

CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
Right now I am planning a run in this thread, and I don't know if I should pick the Mage or the Fighter stronghold, because, both give different rewards, the Mage stronghold gives nice item rewards, but the Fighter stronghold is funnier to have.
I am much more interested in the mage stronghold, but I never done the fighter one, so...
  1. Wizard or Fighter stronghold?28 votes
    1. Fighter Stronghold
      32.14%
    2. Mage Stronghold
      67.86%

Comments

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    If you've never done the fighter stronghold then go for it. But the Planar Sphere is a hundred times cooler, what with nice gear rewards and a *Plane Travelling* stronghold. With Apprentices and everything.
  • MoczoMoczo Member Posts: 236
    Really, only reward from the Fighter stronghold is gold, which you will have too much of anyway. A second Ring of Wizardry, though...
  • RingoRingo Member Posts: 39
    You'll have hundreds of people depending on you with the fighter stronghold, even if you don't see most of them. It will probably cost you more than it will earn for you, but hell, you'll have gold in absurd amounts by the end of the game...

Do both! There are several mods that will enable this, G3 tweaks for example.
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    purely because i like mages and in every RPG i mostly play a mage
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    I like the mage stronghold better, and normally would tell anyone asking to take it... save for one thing. You said you've never done the Figher Stronghold. That's a darn shame, and you should do it at least once. It's not a bad stronghold, overall.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Thanks for the feedback guys!
    @Twani @Corvino I am doing the fighter stronghold in another run, but I'll consider the options, maybe I'll delete some Globals to make both work :D.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    If you've got another run going then do the fighter stronghold there. Fighter/Thief would be the ideal one as the thief stronghold is pretty boring.
    @Corvino you've nailed it, my other run is a F/T who already took the stronghold, saved and started to play BG2:EE.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    You've never done the fighter stronghold?!?

Well more reason to go with the wizard this time and create another playthrough doing the Fighter one.

Rationally and RPing wise. Wizard one fits your chosen alignment better. Sacrificing your underlings for power muhahaha
    edited January 2014
    @deltago nice idea! Also I want my apprentices to forge me a Blade of Power!! Instead of the clumsy staff!! >:D
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I actually prefer the Mage one, but I always encourage others to try something new, so…
    @jackjack I'll try it in another run, this run will benefit more from the Mage strong hold, thanks anyway :D
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Yes, I really must start reading through threads before posting.
    @jackjack don't worry, it is OK with me, I do the same :P