Skip to content

Shadow Door / Improved Invisibility

If you're facing an enemy caster without true sight and you have one of these spells, they're done.

The script tells the spellcaster to target the closest enemy, if that enemy happens to be someone who used one of the two spells - the spellcaster will do nothing beacuse it's not possible to target partially invisible creatures with spells.

My suggestion is to make it possible to target partially invisible creatures with spells.

These two spells would still be incredibly powerful even without the spell negation feature.

Comments

• SuccubusSuccubus Member Posts: 90
    Gate70 said:

@Succubus are you saying that visible party members are ignored if a protected character is closest to the enemy, and do the enemy casters do anything at all, e.g. use ranged or melee weapons?

Indeed, that's what I'm saying. They do nothing.

I don't know if it's EE specific, but this should be fixed regardless.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I think SCS fix most of this, I've tried with a solo PC and the wizard started throwing Sunfires >.<
    Again, mods are one thing, the base game another. :)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Yeah, I know :) I was just saying.
    Also, this is a BG1EE thing, as well. Sirines won't do a thing if you have those spells on.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Isn't that just part of the game? The A.I. Has always been stupid, and you can't target spell on invisible enemy Mages. Enemy Mage being able to target invisible creatures is a huge breach of mechanics. It's a very basic gameplay rule and changing it, instead of the A.I., seems excessive. It wouldn't be o bad if the PC mages knew how to use AoE spells.
    Gate70CrevsDaakelminster
    It isn't and shouldn't be. It's not some mysterious AI entity that is meant to be like that, it's scripts that don't take the mentioned spells into account.
    Sirines don't have aoe spells.
    And yes, it is a bug if xp-piñatas such as sirines don't do anything if you cast one of the two spells on a party member of your liking.
    CrevsDaak