Skip to content

The Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity (spoilers)

Comments

• GrayvieGrayvie Member Posts: 49
    I would've like to trick some hapless npc sucker to wear it =) Perchance give it to the golden pantaloons guy... that would've been amusing... =)
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    Anduine said:

Vote: Something else.

I hide it in an obscure location, hoping that no one will ever find it. Not even my worst enemy deserves such a degrading and awkward experience.

noooo give it to me, after all, i can remove it with a scroll of remove curse of have a priest cast it on me, but could actually experience what it's like to be on the other side for a few days.

And as far as saying such and such doesn't deserve it, lol, put it on a man who hates/demeans/hurts women because they're women, or on hardcore feminists that are hardcore feminists for no reason. I've known a few.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Bjjorick You mean Eldoth and Shar-Teel?
    @ladyrhian i guess yeah, but was thinking of some people irl i've known who could handle a good dose of it. You know what, since there's only one in the game, i'm going to make a bg1 run, clua a second belt in, and run though with each of them wearing one. :) I know they'll never reference it, but heh, most of the dialog takes place in my head anyways.
    @Bjjorick Eldoth: What's going on, why doesn't my armor fit right?
    Shar-Teel: "Eldoth, suddenly, you are much more attractive for some reason..." ;)
    @ladyrhian i sorta see it as Shar-teel wanting to kill you for it, but knowing that you've already bested her in a fight. She would smolder for awhile plotting revenge, until she comes to ask my pc questions about it, laden with spite. Have a few thoughts as to how it will end but more of a wait and see kinda thing.

I don't actually know eldoth very well. Shar-teel i can take, but i was brought up to treat women special, and some of the comments he made caused me to drop him quick and never look back. But i can get to know his char as i attempt to torture him slowly. :)
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    LOL, I didn't think about Shar-Teel. Edwin was so obvious. I wonder if someone, ever, will make an npc mod based on this silly item.
    @avenger_teambg hmmm, i am a non professional writer, and i dabble a bit in modding, the source code in bg 1/2 is fairly easy to right. i might give it some thought into writing out a script for the game, wouldn't be professional quality like the spellhold studio stuff/g3 work. didn't really think anyone would be interested in it though.
    @Bjjorick Shar-teel "You think your little game with this new stick hanging down between my legs makes me happy? It does NOT." ;)
    @LadyRhian Well, you weren't that good at using your sword when we fought, i thought perhaps a new weapon would make you more useful. :)
  • KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    Id give it to Boo ofc! and suddenly his mighty spacehamster powers would be amplified to realm shattering scariness.. at least once a month every person in the whole damn universe would hide, trembling and crying for the Hamster and its Red Rage :)
  • AsmodiasAsmodias Member Posts: 22
    Put on Edwin, enjoy your own private happy time.
    @Bjjorick LOL! She's probably as good at handling one as she was the other. Now I can see her going out to make Eldoth preggers, just to put the arse in a state he's left other women in before. "Now see how the other half lives, butthole!"
    @LadyRhian oooooh evil thought just occured to me. One of the worst nightmares i ever had. Get him pregnent, wait until he goes into labor, cast remove curse.

:D At least in the dream, I WOKE UP!!!
    Nah... make him go through the labor. He'll never want to have sex again, Poor thi... what am I saying? He deserves it all.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I always wished some deep banters and maybe plots for this item and the possibility of carry it to BG2, if BG EE put this item for a good use (with banters and plot lines) i would really appreciate. So many possibilities and the item is entirely ignored on the old game (even by mods, i suspect).
    @ladyrhian you missed the point, just because he's no longer female, baby is fully developed, just now, it has to come out of a much much smaller hole.

that's why it was a nightmare, since i was a man in my dream :P
    @Bjjorick Oh, I got that part, it's just that normal birth is bad enough... and C-sections are scarcely better. ;)
    edited August 2012
    @LadyRhian i've often wondered about c-sec's, as it seems like it would leave a large scar. my wife choose natural birth each time, without pain meds. but as i've said, i serve God, and the bible says that the pain of childbearing would be multiplied greatly. I also know that Jesus gives us freedom from our sins and the curses. She said there wasn't a great deal of pain for her, but she serves and loves God, so i think it's the truth. Also, most animals i look at don't seem to have great pain giving birth, but i don't admit to know everything, just what i've observed.
    @Bjjorick I think it depends on the woman, but a friend of mine said that for her, it was like trying to push a watermelon down/out a sink drain- that she literally felt herself tearing inside every time she pushed- and this was with mild pain relievers. I apologize if that's too graphic for some people.
    @LadyRhian for me it's not, but my mom told me quite a few times that i was 11 lbs and 8 ounces when i was born. My older sister was 6 lbs i think? Not quite sure she ever forgave me for that one, and when she did have my lil bro and sis (12 years later), she had c-sec both times.

I guess there are lots of factors. Pain tolerance varies from person to person as well as if the husband is there and supportive, or at home watching the game while his child is being born. Size of baby, etc.
    @Bjjorick Another friend was 5'2 and I think 112 pounds. She gained, like almost 30 pounds during her pregnancy and her Doctors were telling her to lose weight. My friend, her son, was born almost 16 pounds. After her water broke and son was born, she was down to 104lbs. Eeek.
    @LadyRhian ummm, wouldn't surprise me if she became a feminist after that :)

I know that there have been some huge babies born, but i often wonder what would be worse, a 11-12lb + baby, or multiple births. I would assume the bigger child would be worse, but then there's that lady that had octuplets.....oy. the wonders of science in the modern world.
  • KithrixxKithrixx Member Posts: 215
    I don't actually know anything about her, but she sounds like a man-hating woman, and that sounds like the funniest shit ever.
    @Bjjorick That part of a woman is never meant to be used as a clown car. I think the largest # of births on record is 15? That is when you are no longer pregnant with a baby or babies, you are whelping a litter. (Incidentally, none of the 15 were born alive, they were removed from the woman by a doctor.) Largest number born alive is 9. Largest number actually born is 10.

Record for the most children born to one woman is 69 (many multiple births). 67 of them survived infancy. Eesh! Can you imagine trying to remember all those names? And the husband? That was only his *first* wife! That woman deserves a medal of platinum studded with diamonds.

And my friend with the almost 16 pound baby? He grew up to be 6'4, like his daddy. She also said that for the last 2-3 months, David (my friend) was standing on her bladder, so she was practically living in the bathroom and on the toilet. She could also barely stomach solid food. Honestly, I don't blame her!
    @LadyRhian I think i heard the news about the lady that birthed 69 children. she didn't hit menopause until late, and i want to say she was still having kids when she was in her 60's? i was around my teenage years when i heard it mentioned on the news, but geez. Can you imagine naming all those children? And not sure how you could take care of them, welfare only provides for up to 3 children if i'm not mistaken, what kind of job would you need to feed that man. even if you only consider single births (unlikely), that would about 20 kids at home at all times, since 20 is usually the age people leave home.

lol, the dark side of me wants to ask if this was catholic, but i can take from your post maybe the husband had multiple wives, so mormon if within the usa in the past century, not sure where outside usa. It is awesome though that all but 2 survived to grow up, and must have been a very strong woman indeed. Almost makes me wonder if the dad was planning to create his own army and then got old and forgot about it.
    hmmm yeah after i posted i seemed to remember that the woman i was thinking of was in fact in her 60's (or 50's) but only gave birth to a total somewhere in the 30's. i want to say the total number was around 37, and she said it would be her last child and had her tubes tied. She was also from near where i live, be it Alabama, Mississippi or Louisiana. i'm pretty sure it wasn't florida, and i think for sure it was alabama but as i said, i was a teen that time, was focused on other things.
    @Bjjorick It's okay. We all make mistakes. I know I've made plenty on these boards. :D
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    I did this to a drow cleric/sorcerer in roleplay. I also added a permancy to the girdle so the effect didn't reverse when the remove curse was cast. She (he?) then brained her brother and took his place as house Mage. After a year She (he?) then tried reusing it to turn back into a woman only the magics got muddled and she (he?) became a hermaphradite (outwardly looking female but swinging a sword below her belt).